Location: Remote with some Onsite Required in Los Angeles CA
Remote, ok? Yes
The ideal candidate for the position of Network Engineer has the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as computer science, computer information systems, etc.
- Four or more years of experience in information technology or network engineering.
- CCIE certification.
- Experience with ethernet VPN (EVPN).
- In-depth familiarity with SolarWinds Orion (or other NMSs).
- Experience with Fortinet.
- Experience with Aruba ClearPass.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as computer science, computer information systems, etc., or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Two years of experience in information technology or network engineering.
- CCNP certification or equivalent experience required.
- Experience with enterprise networking technologies, tools, and processes including routing and switching, L4-7 traffic management (e.g., load balancing), firewalls, data center fabric, campus networks, VoIP, wireless networks, network access control (NAC), virtualization, and hybrid cloud.
- Proficient with network operating systems such as Arista EOS, Cisco IOS/XE/XR, Aruba AOS, and Linux.
- Proficient with addressing mechanisms such as DNS, DHCP, and IPAM.
- Practical experience with L1 technologies including SMF, MMF, DWDM, transceivers, AOC, Twinax, fiber fanouts, etc.
- Experience with L2 protocols including STP, DHCP, 802.1X, LACP, MLAG, VXLAN bridging, etc.
- Experience with L3 protocols and techniques including MP-BGP, OSPF, VXLAN routing, VRFs, VRRP, and VARP.
- Experience with other network protocols and methods including traffic engineering, NAT, TCP/IP, multicast, and IPv6.
- Understanding of and experience with network traffic analysis for troubleshooting (tcpdump, Wireshark, NetFlow/sFlow, iPerf, etc.).
- Strong understanding of TACACS/RADIUS.
- Experience with firewall configuration and administration.
- Ability to engage with third-party vendors, including processes such as evaluating multiple vendor data products, documenting test plans, assisting in vendor selection, and developing deployment workbooks.
- Exposure to or experience with programming and scripting languages used to automate networks (e.g. Python, Ansible).
- Ability to create presentation materials, generate reports, and present to leadership.