Field Support Engineer
Duration: 6+ month contract to hire
Location: Eagle, ID
In office 3 days a week (2 days remote)
Client is looking for an Executive Support Engineer II to join their team at the HQ in Eagle, Idaho. As a member of the Field Services Engineering team, the Executive Support Engineer II role will be responsible for delivering a completely successful and secure end-to-end solution for any technology requests or issues coming from the Senior Leadership team and Executive Staff. This person must be a technically versed resource while having passion to deliver excellent world class customer support. As a member of the Executive Support team, you will interface daily with executives, their admins, employees, IT infrastructure, endpoint technology, as well as other IT functions, to deliver excellent IT services. This role requires someone who is outgoing, has excellent communications skills, enjoys working as part of a team, can successfully multi-task, is technically fluent, and thrives solving technical issues in a timely manner.
- Telepresent /cisco experience
- Understanding of Cisco Webex, Microsoft Teams, and Zoom
- Experience setting up Apple products (iphone/tablet/laptop)
- Experience with Microsoft suite
- Knowledge of Windows operating systems, O365
- Excellent customer service support
- Ability to explain solutions, solve problems, attention to detail, ability to give feedback quickly and concisely
- Ability to learn and navigate customers environment quickly
- Meeting support
- Excellent communication skills (Professional manner)
- Strong relationship building skills
- Four-year college degree preferred. Focus on computer science, information systems or a related field desired.
- 5+ Years of experience supporting end users and executives. Along with managing and deploying Desktop and Mobile devices, tools and software with a focus on exceptional service and support required.
- Exceptional oral and written communication and customer service skills required
- Display a high sense of urgency, adaptability and flexibility in a fast-changing environment
- Possess excellent problem-solving abilities including analytical, prioritization, and escalation
- Ability to work within the multiple departments internal to IT
- Planning skills
- Knowledgeable of Microsoft Operating Systems, Apple iOS, Android, Office, Networking, Mobile Devices, and computer hardware
- A+ and Network + certification is preferred
- Basic technical understanding of networking technology (Wi-Fi, switches, LAN, etc.).
- Ability to manage a 4-year technology refresh cycle
- Understanding of desktops, laptops, printers, and other peripherals
- Ability to perform computer imaging
- DHCP, DNS, IP Addressing, Windows Server 2012/2019 administration experience desired.
- Ability to be on a regular on-call rotation and travel as needed.
- Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Office 365 suite experience desired.
- Firm understanding of AV equipment and collaboration tools (Microsoft Teams, Zoom, WebEx)
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Responsible for acting as the SPOC for members of the ELT and their executive admins.
- Quickly and accurately resolving issues while instilling confidence and demonstrating a high degree of professionalism.
- Provide recommendations to Executives on the best use of IT Services to meet their needs.
- Take ownership of all hardware and software issues identified by the Executive and provide well-articulated and business-oriented status updates on a regular basis
- Provides excellent customer service and can diffuse heightened end-user sensitivity.
- Travel with Executives to off-site meetings and/or conferences, providing personal support throughout the event.
- Supports highly visible meetings such as Board of Directors and quarterly Earnings calls.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and apply logical solutions to resolve problems pertaining to devices, network connectivity, printing, web conference and application usage for the Executive team.
- Lead and assist with root cause analysis (RCA) as it relates to systems and peripheral devices.
- Responsible for professionally dispatching work to internal IT teams for resolution where appropriate and following up to ensure completeness of tasks.
- Responsible for ensuring incidents are logged in ServiceNow to ensure activities can be analyzed and reported by the IT organization.
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy in all dealings with executives.
- Execute support while keeping security a priority.
- Provide off-hours support as necessary. Available to be on-call (24x7) for escalated requests occurring during non-business hours (scheduled/rotation).
- Must remain flexible and organized and possess the ability to remain calm in an active, fast paced and changing environment.
- Maintain Standard Operating Procedures, policies, Service Level Agreements (SLAs), end-user training, and updates to the end user knowledge base.
- Successful candidates will have strong interpersonal skills, a confident presence, adept logical troubleshooting, testing experience, and project management.
- Provide technical support on operational or maintenance aspects of system equipment
- Diagnose mechanical, hardware, software and systems failures, using established procedures
- Perform remote or on-site servicing and/or repair of company products/services
- Collaborate to implement best practice system solutions and process changes.
- Document functional requirements and ROI opportunities. Identify and address root causes of business process problems.
- Design functional solutions that enable process change, continuous improvement and competitive advantage.
- Actively contribute to requirements gathering process focusing on infrastructure components. In production support scenarios, support identification of incident trends and build proactive plans to eliminate.
- Collaborate with application designers and vendor solution providers to proactively model optimized infrastructure solutions.
- Comprehensively test all infrastructure components of IT solutions to ensure business requirements are met.
- Adhere and comply with System Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and Release Management processes and procedures.
- Manage stages of projects through uniquely assigned project manager roles and responsibilities. Execute project management disciplines to ensure project activities and tasks are delivered on time, within budget and according to approved scope and quality requirements.
- Conduct effective investigation, diagnosis and root cause analysis of Incidents / problems. Develop, Implement and document solutions in a timely manner and validate with system users that service has been restored.
- Conduct proper urgency, impact and risk assessment of change requests. Plan, schedule, implement and document changes in accordance with core SDLC and Change Advisory Board processes.
- Execute timely and accurate time tracking of all work hours. Contribute to accurate estimation of work activities and tasks.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Differently abled