Location: Orlando, FL
Duration: 12 months
JOB SUMMARY: The Manager of Network Systems will oversee the design, implementation and testing of the networking systems that comprise the backbone communications infrastructure for a Theme Park Attraction’s ride/show and standard (enterprise) networks. Activities include project management, designing, installation supervision, commissioning, acceptance testing, datacenter & network support and troubleshooting. Partners with Universal Core Safety and Engineering, and various Universal Parks & Resorts stakeholders on system design and architecture.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsible for overall development and delivery of Attraction Networks including:
- Manages assigned projects from design through installation to include project schedules, testing, training, and budget demands.
- Prepares scope of work documents and works closely with vendors to ensure timely completion of project deliverables. Develops and conducts Acceptance Test Procedures, generation of maintenance procedures and manual updates.
- Interfaces with various project stakeholders to gather requirements, resolve problems, and design issues.
- Ensures networking vendors adhere to standards and acts as the bridge between the Universal Parks Engineering, Technical Services, AV systems and IT groups to seek to provide networks that the respective groups can support and maintain while adhering to networking security models and control system safety models.
- Manage network designs from multiple projects and ensure appropriate security, growth, safety, redundancy, reliability, and sustainability design strategies are in place are given proper weighting in the design objectives.
- Support of the design, development, and deployment of networks, servers, virtualization and monitoring systems for new attractions.
- Design, development, and deployment of enterprise supervisory monitoring and reaction systems.
- Strategy and design for 3-tier and ISA-99 defense-in-depth network models to enforce security and increase network segregation and security.
- Responsible for overseeing and implementing support and maintenance strategies for the networking systems within attractions.
- Works to mitigate false air-gap strategies and integrate new security models with data aggregation and trending in mind to increase reliability and decrease liability where possible.
- Oversees adherence to standards strategy to provide commonality between park systems networks across geographical boundaries where applicable to allow for common training and support moving forward.
- Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training, and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Associate degree (AA) is required is Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field; or in active pursuit of a degree. Bachelor’s degree is preferred in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field; or in active pursuit of a degree.
- 5-10 years of IT/OT networking experience.
- Experience with large network integrations with multiple levels of safety and security requirements.
- Experience with network firewalls, anti-intrusion, and penetration-testing strategies, packages, purposes, documentation, techniques, and models.
- Experience with standard industrial control network protocols and their requirements.
- Experience with acceptance testing cycles and methods.
- CAD/Visio experience. Network systems architecture and design knowledge.
- Software and hardware system documentation experience
- Excellent Layer 2 & 3 networking skills. Solid understanding of access and distribution LAN switching environments with VLANs, RSTP, Etherchannel, Multicast and QoS
- Experience with wireless LAN technologies
- Experience with common network services, SNMP, Syslog, DNS, NTP, DHCP, AD, AAA, RADIUS, TACACS, QoS, and 802.1x etc.
- Analyze network performance and perform complex troubleshooting using Wireshark and provide root cause analysis, recommendations, guidance, and expertise in maintaining the highest level of performance
- Ability to articulate and communicate network design, security, and performance issues.
- Strong documentation skills
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle and change control.
- Experience in the theme park industry.
- Work successfully under pressure and are comfortable with change and complexity in dynamic environments.
- Have a broad and flexible toolkit of techniques, resolving complex, interdependent activities into tasks and sub-tasks that are documented, monitored and controlled.
- CCNA or equivalent certification or experience. CCNP would be a plus
- Experience with network simulators (e.g. GNS3, Eve-NG, VIRL).
- Knowledge of automation tools and containers (e.g. Ansible, Vagrant, Docker).
- Familiarity with version control systems (e.g. Git).
- Development ability in Python.
- Exposure to industrial networking and control systems.
- Exposure to audio, video, and lighting control systems.