IT Automation Engineer
Remote, ok? Yes
The Automation Engineer will be an integral member of the Technology Services group. The engineer will be responsible for designing and implementing technologies for the automation monitoring of the enterprise datacenters and cloud environments. The role involves creating standard processes and procedures for the monitoring of the GTS complex applications.
The Automation Engineer must be able to work effectively with the cross-functional teams consisting of application architects, Network engineers, Cloud engineers, DBAs, software development teams and operation support teams to services as a subject matter expert for enterprise monitoring & automation solutions.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Analyzing requirements, designing, implementing, and maintaining enterprise monitoring tools and the support infrastructure.
- Developing, implementing, and analyzing monitoring (e.g., SolarWinds, NewRelic, Opsgenie, Ignio etc.) dashboards and alerts to meet the requirements of the application team and other support teams.
- Managing ServiceNow tickets and service requests to ensure a resolution in a timely and efficient manner.
- Creating and maintaining appropriate documentation of systems, processes, recovery, and troubleshooting.
- Identifying and developing ways to improve and automate monitoring to gain operational efficiencies and improve responsiveness.
- Provide off-hour assistance and support during critical outage situations.
- Participating in a 24 x 7 on-call rotation.
- Requires an undergraduate degree in a technology related field.
- 2+ years of professional experience in IT Automation & Monitoring area.
- Experience in a monitoring framework (e.g., SolarWinds) administration, monitoring and integration or a similar monitoring framework.
- Experience in APM tool (e.g., New Relic, Instana, AppDynamics etc.) administration, monitoring and integration.
- Experience with cloud (Azure/GOOGLE/AWS) monitoring and VMware virtualization
- Experience with Atlassian products suite such as Jira, Opsgenie etc.
- Experience with a modern configuration management framework (Puppet, Ansible, Chef, etc.)
- Strong scripting skills in at least one language (BASH, Python, Ruby, etc.).
- Experience with source control management such (git, subversion, etc.).
- Experience working on cross functional teams, multitasking, and managing time independently.
- Strong diagnostic and problem-solving skills.