Customer Delivery Consulting Engineer
Location: San Diego, California
Remote, ok? No
Responsibilities and Duties:
The Customer Delivery Consulting Engineer (CE) is responsible for the support and delivery of Cisco Customer Experience (CX) Business Critical Services to Cisco's DoD Customers in the US Public Sector market. The CX CE performs and drives architectural discussions, high- and low-level design work, and integration / configuration engineering for complex IT infrastructure solutions. The CX CE assists customers with product and tool selection to ultimately impact the strategic direction of the architecture and customer’s success. Additionally, you will identify and detail network/security/data center design and architecture standard methodologies. This role will work with multiple Cisco technology solutions to include Data Center, Security, Routing and Switching technology platforms.
- Have worked with Networking Protocols : OSPF, ISIS, BGP, LISP, VxLAN
- Experience working with Cisco Products: Variants of ISR routers, Nexus switches, Catalyst family and Variants of Cisco UCS, Wireless Controllers, Access Points, ACI, SD-WAN, DNA Center
- Knowledge of one computer languages and programming (Java, Python, XML, RESTAPI) frameworks
- Strong Cisco routing/switching skills, routing/switching protocols
- Virtualization (networks and servers)
- Solid understanding of customer security requirements to include DoD RMF process and STIG/SRG requirements
- Network design skills, examine requirements and provide solutions within the constraints specified. Follows the agile methodology for fast solution delivery, testing, and value realization
- Basic Cisco product/portfolio knowledge (does not include pricing, licensing, or ordering information)
- Leadership by example, showing others how to do it by being out front. Mentor/develop others
- A creative, positive and proactive can-do attitude and a willingness to learn new technologies, processes and procedures.
- Ability and willingness to learn new emerging technologies to support future customer needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT Administration, IT Security, etc. preferred
- Presentation Skills: Executive level presentation skills, able to communicate complex solutions to non-technical audience successfully to help drive business growth and outcomes.
- Exceptional professionalism, outstanding communication skills, and good interpersonal skills are critical traits.
- Be able to demonstrate their ability to lead or guide teams made up of Cisco, Customer and Partner members in the analysis and troubleshooting of complex network issues.
- Strong Cisco security solutions (ISE, ASA, FirePower, NGFW)
- Experience with Cisco DNA Center
- Ability to multi-task, self-start, work in a fast-paced team environment and work independently
- CCDE or CCDP certification
- Route/Switch Experience
- Experienced in providing complex design recommendations integrating new features and new applications to Senior Leadership Teams. Advocate for the customer’s best interest and promote Cisco.