Location: Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
Remote, ok? No
Responsibilities and Duties:
- As a member of the Monitoring/Automation team, you will perform a Technical Engineer role in implementation, management, integration, assessment, automation and delivery of the monitoring platform.
- Identify and implement monitoring from multiple sources to include but not limited to networking devices, Linux servers, Windows servers, Unified Communications, storage, virtualization etc. Integrate devices into the Monitoring Platform for active monitoring.
- Fine tune monitoring platform to reduce false positive rates. Keep the platform fine-tuned, optimized, and up-to-date. Build dashboards using monitoring platform to drive NOC/SOC visibility of environment. Investigate, document, and report on security related issues as well as monitoring. Collaborate in tool selection and validation testing. Troubleshoot both the monitoring platform and issues related to monitoring devices.
- Perform Root Cause Analysis and document cause and solution. Assist with creating new automation to optimize the Monitoring platform and the devices which are monitored. Assist with creating new automation to optimize the Monitoring platform and the devices which are monitored.
- 7+ years of experience in IT industry successfully delivering in an enterprise environment with 5+ years of experience in administrating Red Hat Enterprise Linux (required).
- You have experience working in DoD environments and specifically air gapped networks and have a desire to learn new technologies, resolve issues, innovate solutions that optimize performance on the platform.
- Monitoring solutions such as Zenoss, BMC, or SolarWinds. Experience troubleshooting platform issues. Security background.
- Experience performing DISA STIG/SRG and creating checklists. Security certifications such as Security +, GSEC. Experience creating virtual machines, and allocating resources with Vcenter. Strong communication skills and technical writing skills a plus. Strong troubleshooting / analytical skills.
- Thrive in fast paced environment with minimal instruction.
- Bachelor's Degree in IT related field, Vulnerability remediation, TLS certificates - creation and implementation, Docker or containerization, Ansible or scripting languages such as Bash, Python or others, Windows Server administration, DNS, Active Directory, Virtualization (vSphere or other relevant virtualization experience)