Data Center Site Lead
Location: Hillsboro, Oregon
Remote, ok? No
Job Overview: Datacenter Site Lead will be responsible for managing Data Center Operations Technicians in the installation, maintenance and decommission of the data center environment and ensuring all environments are secure, operational, and highly available.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Prepares and delivers performance feedback to assigned resources in a timely, consistent manner.
Works with U.S. Data Center Operations Mgr to prepare, prioritize, and manage resource schedules.
Coordinates with local and global/remote teams to troubleshoot technical issues and manage
· Coordinates the resolution of impacting events and leads or participates in root cause analysis
· Consult in key project meetings to provide data center guidance on optimized rack elevation, design,
implementation, networking, etc.
· Coordinates, schedules, and manages all implementation, stand-up and de-commission activities.
· Coordinates, schedules, and manages all routine break-fix and maintenance tickets and activities.
· Monitoring and reporting on technical progress and track project deliverables.
· Advises technicians on troubleshooting and repair of all aspects of servers, operating systems and
· Participate in data center capacity management planning.
· Actively attend and participate in daily DC Ops stand up calls.
· Conduct daily preventative walk throughs in each data center, keeping datacenters and shared
spaces clean and well organized.
· Receiving, physical racking and stacking installation, and troubleshooting of all equipment in our
· Assist with racking, installation and configuration of servers, network, storage and other HW assets
· Respond efficiently to data center tasks through ticketing system. Documenting all tasks thoroughly
· Provide vendor escort and support for hardware or other maintenance issues as required.
· Leverage global datacenter documentation and best practices, suggest areas of process
improvement, update and maintain documentation.
· Coordination and assist of hardware maintenance activities.
· Handling equipment orders, returns, shipments, and inventory management / asset management.
· Update asset allocation sheets and DCIM tool as needed for each data center.
· Cabling design, installation, management inter and intra racks.
· Troubleshooting, diagnostics, and upgrades of HW
· Create rack elevation and cabling diagrams.
· Operational process development, documentation, and implementation
· Manage spare parts inventories as their respective sites.
· Full end-to-end RMA support from ticket creation, replacement, packing, and shipping return of parts
for DGX, Supermicro, Quanta, Arista and other vendors in the NSV environment
· Box, label, and transfer of assets both intra DC and inter DC, along with coordinating transfers to/from
other Nvidia warehouses.
· 24x7 high availability support for certain internal customers during high demand benchmarking
· Dedicated customer and general population data center support.
· Data center escorts for vendors, visitors and conduct tours as required.
· Work closely with Nvidia data center infrastructure and Colo facilities teams to ensure optimal data
center operating environment.
· Actively participate in data center audits and surveys as required.
· Oversee burst labor support for large volume projects.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
· Open, action and resolve JIRA work tickets within targeted SLA timeframes.
· Other responsibilities as assigned.
· Self-driven with the ability to successfully motivate and lead teams, promoting inclusiveness in small
· Ability to refine and communicate operational standards, explain data center critical infrastructure,
and explain server operating systems.
· HS diploma, GED
· Minimum 4-5 years of experience working in a data center or equivalent technology environment and
2-3 years of experience in a customer service-oriented position.
· Minimum 3 years of experience managing resources and demonstrated ability to consistently provide
· Must be able to lift 70 pounds over head with or without reasonable accommodation.
· Must be able to work a flexible work schedule which may include nights, weekends, and holidays.
· Experienced understanding of data center management and layout (power, cooling, cabling)
· Experienced understanding of networking and systems concepts (circuits, IP routing, consoles,
· Knowledgeable of Linux Ubuntu, CentoS, DGX OS (a plus), XenServer (a plus)
· Knowledgeable in network switches (Arista), Mellanox InfiniBand (a plus), Ethernet connectivity, IP
addressing and routing tables, VLANs, network mapping.
· Knowledgeable in Supermicro, Dell RP series servers (preferred), HPE servers, Nvidia DGX
servers (a plus), Arista and Mellanox networking HW.
· Experience working with fiber optic cables, including the inspecting, cleaning, and testing of these
· Technical inventory management experience (preferred).
· Access to a car with a valid driver's license and a clean driving record.
· Willing to participate in on-call rotations as required.
· Ability to travel (local and/or out of state) as required.
· Follow all company safety policies and processes, adheres to OSHA standards.
• 4+ years’ experience working in a 24x7 production data center supporting internal and external clients
• Self-motivated and reliable.
• Excellent communication skills both written and oral at all levels; ability to explain highly technical
concepts to less technical people.
• Proficient in MSOffice Suite, particularly Excel.
• Highly analytical with strong attention to detail.
• Experience using JIRA, Netbox and ServiceNow.
• Mellanox product savvy and experience with InfiniBand fabrics and networking.
• Able to work flexible hours when required, including late nights and weekends and 24x7 coverage if
• Passionate about technology.