Title of Position: Senior Business Analyst, IT Service Management (ITSM)
Duration: 6-12 Months
Location: Tampa, FL (Onsite from Day-1)
The IT Senior Business Analyst (ITSM) is an active thought partner and application visionary who shapes technology demand among the IT and business community related to IT Service Management and the current and future roadmap of ServiceNow. The incumbent has overall responsibility for establishing, managing and maintaining strategic relationships with external IT customers in one or more business segments; and build solid working relationships across functional groups within the IT organization to communicate and clarify customer and IT requirements. Performs as liaison between enterprise and end-users, outside vendors, contractors, and consultants to define and establish service and support requirements. Investigates and resolves customer relationship problems. The Senior Business Analyst analyzes business, stakeholder, and functional requirements provided from the end users and supports strategic and operational work for the ServiceNow engineering team. The position partners with technology resources to translate the requirements into non-functional/technical specifications. The position, in partnership with internal and external teams, ensures all requirements are gathered, documented, approved and managed; and works closely with leadership, managers, process owners, service owners, business relationship managers, performance analysts, product engineers, and testers enabling the success of ITSM and our ServiceNow current and future state platform.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
- Provide business analysis services for the development of IT processes and enabling solutions such as ServiceNow ITSM and ITOM
- Analyze IT stakeholder and functional requirements provided from end users across ServiceNow professional modules and capabilities such as Service Discovery and Service Mapping.
- Capture and document process and solution requirements
- Liaising with IT customers to determine their requirements.
- Conduct business process modelling and business requirements sessions
- Develop processes, business scenarios and use cases along with supporting documentation
- Work with the appropriate stakeholders such as: ServiceNow users, product engineers, other development team members and the SMO to ensure all requirements are gathered, documented, approved and managed
- Minimum seven (7) years’ experience analyzing and documenting business, stakeholder, functional and non-functional/technical requirements in support of strategic and/or operational initiatives and projects.
- Demonstrates ability to work with internal teams across multiple departments, and with vendors.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to create effective requirements documents and present to key project stakeholders at multiple levels of the organization.
- Self-motivated, results oriented, and able to work independently.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to effectively plan, prioritize, and accomplish goals in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional analytic, conceptual, and problem solving abilities.
- Relevant experience in a research, academic, scientific, or healthcare environment is a plus.
- Business analyst with over 3 years of experience developing and supporting ServiceNow
- Strong ITIL experience and certification preferred
Business & Analysis Skillset
- Understanding of all phases of applications systems analysis and the SDLC development methodology and Business Process Modeling
- Ability to create effective work items such as BRDs, FRDs, technical specifications, wireframes, process flows and user stories
- Communication of technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Support testing, verification and validation by developing and guiding the documentation of requirements and test cases so that they are unambiguous, aligned, consistent and not in contradiction with each other
- Technical writing and proofing
- Technical domain knowledge
- Strong ability in use of Microsoft Applications (PowerPoint, Visio, Project, Word, Excel)
- Development of deep business and application domain knowledge for the IT Department portfolio to aid in critically evaluating the balance of both business needs and user requirements
- Fundamentals of business analysis
- Ability to conceptualize and think creatively
- Techniques to plan, document, analyze, trace and manage requirements
- Administrative, analytical, and reporting skills
- Benchmark comparisons, value realization tracking and reporting, cost and value (benefits realization) tracking and reporting, cost reduction opportunities, and other Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and associated reporting
- Time management and personal organization
- Business process analysis, improvement and re-engineering
- Attends, facilitates, and/or leads meetings of cross-functional stakeholders and service provider groups
- Communication of business concepts to technical audiences
- Business outcome thinking
- Business writing and proofing
- Works closely with assigned PM's to provide work estimates and complete deliverables
- Fundamentals of project management
Qualifications & Education:
- Capacity to articulate vision
- Organizational change management, management of power and politics particularly in matrixed environment
- Problem solving, negotiation, and decision-making
- Ability to lead teams, mentor others and facilitate meetings
- Enterprise-wide customer relationship management
- Requirements risk assessment and management
- Ability to provide leadership and coaching to less experienced business analysts
- Minimum required: Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree preferred
- Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
MatchPoint Solutions |
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in Business Analyst role
- ITIL V3 or V4 Foundation certification preferred
- PMI-PBA or CBAP preferred
- Healthcare experience preferred