Job Title: AWS Cloud Administrator
As an AWS Cloud Administrator, you will be responsible for operational support of Infrastructure, Services and Applications built on AWS. This role will be responding to incidents and requests, and supporting workloads in AWS as they are migrated. You will support right-sizing servers and storage, troubleshooting performance issues, ensuring the highest level of reliability for the platform, and tuning the environment for maximum scalability and security.
We’re looking for someone who is:
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- A problem solver. You aren't afraid to go deep, experiment, learn on the fly, and do the work.
- Passionate about turning complex business requirements into working solutions that delights users.
- Humble but opinionated. You have lots of ideas, yet you are happy to shift directions when a better path emerges. You take your work much more seriously than you take yourself.
- An active collaborator. You want feedback on your work early and often, and you get a kick out of a collaborative process because it challenges you to do better work.
- Engaging beyond 1s and 0s. You understand that empathizing with our users, building relationships with your co-workers, and going deep on the product makes you a better teammate and a better engineer.
Training Responsibilities: (Required)
- Manage the state of all components in our Amazon cloud infrastructure.
- Manage overall site availability, latency, and system health.
- Manage monitoring environments determining alert strategies and tuning them in production.
- Monitor and troubleshoot site performance issues.
- Monitor for server and software vulnerabilities and manage upgrade and patching efforts.
- Develop and manage configuration scripts for Amazon hosted infrastructure.
- Work closely with the development team and management to ensure high availability and security.
- Maintain cloud-based servers patching vulnerabilities, backup/restore operations, provision new servers, configure firewalls, configure monitoring systems.
- Respond to alarms, outages and incidents on an as-needed basis.
- Execute on service requests assigned.
- Track work in Cepheid’s ITSM platform.
- Complete all assigned and required training satisfactorily and on time
- For people managers, ensure your associates attend and complete all required trainings satisfactorily and on time.
- 5+ years’ experience working in IT
- 3+ Years’ experience provisioning, operating, and maintaining systems running on AWS
- Associate Level AWS Certification required – Solutions Architect, DevOps or SysOps
- Experience managing and troubleshooting security groups, NACL’s, Transit Gateways, Load Balancers, S3, EC2 and other AWS technologies.
- Ability to identify and gather requirements to define a solution to be built and operated on AWS
- Experience managing mission critical database infrastructure – on-premise, EC2 Hosted, as well as on RDS
- Production experience implementing automation in an environment
- Fluency writing Infrastructure as code – CloudFormation / Terraform using JSON/YAML/etc.
- Fluency in at least one scripting language and writing Lambda functions – Highly preferred
- Fluency with basic git terminologies and git commands
- Experience with enterprise grade site and log monitoring software
- Working knowledge with AWS Security and governance services
- Working knowledge of Palo Alto firewall and SilverPeak SD-WAN technology is a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a diverse, distributed team