Role: Project Manager
Duration: Contract - Fulltime
• The Project Manager is responsible for delivering business outcomes from projects.
• Manage projects of various size and complexity from initiation through validation and release
• Responsible for developing realistic project schedules, along with resource planning, risk management and measurable metrics to meet the project goals
• Communicate progress to stakeholders and provide recommendations for mitigating risks or delays
• Coordinate interdependent tasks and deliverables with other functional groups, including IT, Finance, Logistics, Supply Chain, and Sales.
• Lead and manage team meetings by creating agendas, presentations and action items.
• Document team decisions and follow up on action items and deliverables
• Update project status in Cepheid’s project tools and report on status as needed
• Creating long- and short-term plans, including setting targets for milestones, adhering to deadlines and allocating resources
• Delegating tasks on the project to employees best positioned to complete them
• Identifying and managing potential risks and liabilities of multiple projects
• Assisting in the definition of project scope and goals
Education and Experience (in years): Bachelor’s degree in field with 5+ years of related work experience OR Master’s degree in field with 3+ years of related work experience
Knowledge and skills:
• PMP certificate required ( nice to have)
• Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate to people at all levels of the organization
• Strong leadership skills, self-motivated and ability to influence others to achieve successful outcomes
• The position requires a high degree of adaptability, flexibility, creative decision-making, and technical problem-solving abilities
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must be able to handle multiple projects with exceptional organizational and time management skills
• Proven experience using Project Management software (MS Project) to manage complex project timelines as well as fluency with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio and Outlook
• Understands comments and concerns expressed by participants during daily activities and meetings
• Effectively communicates with colleagues in a multicultural, multinational environment
• Proficient in analyzing qualitative data
• Has exceptional analytical, quantitative, and statistical skills
• Has experience in a collaborative team environment with delegating workload and responsibilities
• Can work independently, as well as with a team
In essence, we are looking for a seasoned PM with good experience in handling IT projects related to Infrastructure, Client Services, and Apps (ERP/MES). Someone who can help coordinate across different Client functions located in Bangalore, Delhi, SE/FR, and the US. Also, someone who has very good communication skills and can navigate the management chain.