Location: Denver, CO.
Duration: 12+ month contract
Hours: Onsite immediately- weekends, after hours/night time work (4 days on/3 days off then 3 days on/4 days off)
Shift: 8pm-8am type shift, single coverage, 10-12 hour shifts
Start Date: Early Feb
Interview Process: 3 step interview process (1 onsite interview if you are comfortable)
Data Center Operation Technicians (X3)
Our client needs support in their data center. Our client has owned this data center for 30 years. data center with a loading/shipping dock, office space, roughly around 900 racks. In 2 years this data center will be move to co locations. There are roughly 2000 pieces of equipment that need to be planned, decommissioned, and relocated. Work will involve HVAC, facility work, checking procedures, troubleshooting, racking and stacking, maintaining current data center and relocating equipment at the end of this 2 year plan. The Data Center Operations Technician is responsible for assisting customers on the Data Center floor both in person and via the telephone, performing customer equipment installs, managing tickets within the defined ticketing system, communicating and escalating alerts and customer requests to systems engineers for resolution, and completing tasks pertaining to computer hardware, software or operation systems. The level of the technician is determined by experience. The data center is a 24x7 operation and thus availability to work shifts is a must.
- 2+ years of experience working in a Data Center, NOC or similar environment
- General knowledge of data center components
- Experience troubleshooting, racking & stacking
- You will assist with all receiving, uncrating, set up and positioning of data center equipment
- Experience with HVAC
- Hands on / break-fix and smart hands for all hardware - Servers, Storage, Network, and cabling
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- A+, Copper and Fiber Installer | Certification (Nice to have)
- Provide remote hands and eyes for customers.
- Hardware and software configurations and installation of managed products.
- Completing new cabling projects and managing existing cabling plant.
- Create tickets within the established ticketing system to address customer calls, data center facility, network and/or system related alerts.
- Maintain accurate and detailed logs within the established ticketing system for customer calls and system alerts
- Communication and escalation steps taken to ensure prompt resolution of data center facility, network and customer related issues.
- Install cabinets and customer equipment based on documentation provided by provisioning and established Data Center Operation procedures.
- Work with customers, other systems engineers, and management to communicate ticket status.
- Manage Tickets
- This includes ensuring tickets are being opened, worked and escalated based on set standards
- Review all resolved tickets to ensure properly documented resolution.
- Ensure details of the problems and steps taken to resolve ticket are documented
- Perform Facility site walk-throughs reporting alarms or issues to the DCS Facilities Team
- Perform other duties as assigned
- MCP, BOD OEM (Panduit, Corning), Network+, BICSI Installer I certifications.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with all levels of the organization
- Acquire and apply job-related knowledge within set guidelines and expectations.
- Manage complex situations during off management hours, escalate to senior engineers and on call staff members
- Position may involve frequent typing, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, bending, reaching and lifting. Lifting requirements may range from < 10 lbs. - 50 lbs. on a regular basis, with heavier weights done in conjunction with other individuals or lifting aids.