Position: Juniper Engineer
Location: Dallas, TX
Duration: 6-12 months+ CTH
Responsibilities/Job Duties/Job Description/Qualifications:
**College Degree is a must-have
**Juniper is 90% of the environment, 10% Cisco
- Support and maintain the server, storage, and network infrastructure for an environment
- Support automation tools to operate the environment
- Keep environment evergreen with the collaborative support and expertise of the Service Delivery Organizations (SDOs)
- Lead end-to-end infrastructure troubleshooting with internal and external groups of support
- Provide support to application teams for recovery testing
- Monitor the environment to ensure security
- Maintain an on-call rotation to ensure availability and react in the event that recovery is required
- Experience with multiple network vendor operating systems – Juniper (QFX switches, EX switches) – Day to day management, troubleshooting, changes, etc. Rarely will be setting up new switches
- Understanding of different types of network architectures for data center deployments, i.e., Spine and Leaf, Fabric technologies
- Proficient in complex routing protocols - iBGP, eBGP, ISIS, MPLS, VPLS, EVPN (Open protocol through Juniper)
- Experience with switching technologies including FHRP (VRRP, HSRP), Layer 2 (VLAN, Spanning Tree Protocol)
- Background knowledge of network services: DHCP, DNS, NAT, Multicast, AAA (Tacacs/Radius), Netflow, IP SLA, SNMP, etc.
- Working knowledge of Cisco ASA and IPS/IDS with Firepower, Cisco ACS/ISE
- Basic understanding of monitoring and support tools - CSM/FMC, JunOS Space, Defense Center, nGeniWireshark, etc.
- Able to create/use/maintain network diagrams to envision the end to end traffic flows from the multi-tiered network topologies including storage and backup solutions
- Ability to set up/support F5 load balancers to provide a scalable solution for projects and Proof of Concepts.
- Proficient in Network Firewalls (Fortinet)
Reporting & Security Analytics
- Keen sense of situational awareness and familiarity with threat landscape, enabling efficient response to emerging threats to the environment.
- Experience with the use of Security Information Event Monitoring (SIEM) solutions to monitor and respond to security events.
- Prefer demonstrated experience performing cyber/IT security functions, e.g., incident response, vulnerability/penetration testing, malware analysis, firewall administration
- Desirable industry certifications may include: Security+, CISSP, GIAC, CISM, CISA
- Familiarity with risk management processes, mitigations, and compliance regimes
- Familiarity with network and file system forensics
Desired skills & experience
- Ability to design, implement, document, and maintain complex integrated infrastructure and virtual systems.
- Familiarity with application software, application infrastructure, and third party application environments in the assigned field. This includes installation, upgrades and patches, tuning, and creating links and interfaces between systems.
- Working knowledge of modern Windows Server Operating Systems and supporting technologies like Active Directory, SCCM, SCOM, Antivirus, Splunk, and other operational support and monitoring tools.
- Working knowledge of virtualization technologies and principles including VMware vSphere, Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization, and OpenShift Container Platform.
- Working knowledge of Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Good understanding of virtual networking and storage protocols.
- Working knowledge desirable in any scripting language to maintain systems configuration such as: Ansible, Puppet, PowerShell, WSH, Bash, POSIX, Perl, Ruby, or Python, PowerCLI
Storage & Backup
- Familiarity with SAN and NAS technologies - preferably Dell EMC Isilon & VMAX, NetApp E-Series, FAS Series, and CDOT.
- Storage management applications - Solution Enabler, UniVMAX, ONTAP 9.5, OnCommand Insight (OCI), OnCommand Unified Manager (OCUM)
- Storage SAN Switches - Cisco technologies (MDS9700 family); Cisco Data Center Network Manager (DCNM v11.x)
- Familiarity with storage monitoring tools, such as Secure Remote Service (SRS) from Dell EMC.
- Backup process and infrastructure such as Master/Media and Clients agents for UNIX, Linux & Windows OS, SQL/Oracle, Virtual System Agent (VSA).
- Knowledge of CommVault backup tool to administer the backup process
- Familiarity with automation tools such as Puppet, Ansible, and Python.
- Strong knowledge regarding Security & Controls processes with a focus on identifying and remediating vulnerabilities.
- Maintaining storage and backup infrastructure (upgrades, patches, configuration, etc.)
925-361 -2007 Work