Job Title: Discovery Tools Systems Engineer
Duration: 6+ Months
NOTES FROM MANAGER
Looking for someone who has BMC Discovery (ADDM) or VRA (Veritas Risk Advisor). Both tools are agentless discovery tool? Qualys-other scanning tools, even agent tools. If they don’t have exp with these tools but other scanning tools they will talk to them. Network infra understanding, PC understanding, Understating OS but not a systems admin. How you would connect to it or query it. Are familiar with Linux and Windows, products run on them for install and upgrade purposes. Enterprise tools experience. SCCM would be ok even though they are Server, storage, network. Both tools have capability to customized. Veritas Risk Advisor- written for resiliency. Look at environment to make sure you have redundancy. Write customized scripts, to pull the appropriate data. Connect to external data sources. Windows based, scripts written in AUK scripts or PowerShell. Pearl automation experience. Not to come in as developer or coder but engineer. Oracle backend database. Write queries MC Discovery- considered an appliance that sits on OS. Proprietary code, they write the code. Backend DB2 for querying. Banking background beneficial but not required. Security challenges (not hacking) but internal application management. Scan for compliance. Provide data for audits. Self-starters, work on their own? Even find a solution to things vs just a task master. Innovate. Team is built of seasoned. Want to speak up and be engaged.
The engineer is responsible for maintenance and upgrades and integration. The engineer will also interface with application owners and technical specialists to define and update application scans. In addition, the engineer will work closely with the Software Asset Configuration Management Process Team in support of the ITSM program.
- Perform discoveries and trouble shoot access issues to systems for discovery.
- Perform updates and upgrades to the Discovery tools.
- Coordinating discovery efforts across multiple regions.
- Ensuring all organizational policies and procedures are followed for all process and appli improvement efforts.
- Works directly with Data Stewards across IT regions and domains to coordinate scans and remediate issues.
- Work with ITSM program office to ensure data gathered is consistent with overall program requirements.
Required Education and Training
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems (or related field), or equivalent experience
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Minimum 5 years of system engineering experience within a large global company.
- Experience with UNIX/Linux, Windows system administration and understanding of SAN/NAS storage, TCP/IP Networking, and Citrix.
- Experience with Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Proficiency in automation scripting (Perl, shell, Jython, PHP, etc.)
- Ability to read and comprehend Java code.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to work with multiple groups to gather business requirements for scans.
- Experience with Agentless Discovery tools and CMDB
- Strong analytical, multitasking and prioritization skills
- Proficiency in working in a fast-paced, complex, dynamic, business environment
- Proven ability to build relationships and influence individuals in all regions of the organization
- Ability to understand complex application infrastructure and model for application mapping.
- Ability to be a strong team player with commitment to overall organization goals.
- ITIL Foundational Certified
- Web Development
- Experience with Infrastructure Asset Analysis
MatchPoint Solutions |