VRA/VRO Automation Engineer
Location: Remote 100%(Client based out of St. Louis, MO)
Duration: 6 months to HIRE
Why is this position open?
Client is looking at different ways to create automation to reduce manual labor, time to market, making sure that quality products are being provided. This team is fairly new with an ultimate goal of growing to (6) Engineers and (1) BA.
About This Position
Key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for automating operations, managing and supporting infrastructure, coding and scripting
- Automation Engineer analyzes, designs, codes, and tests, configures and modifies software projects and/or products or enhancements specializing in services utilizing private cloud providers
- Total automation of server builds, firewall rules, provisioning, automation of service requests
- vSphere Suite automation
- VRA/VRO (Mandatory - Must be able to hit the ground running)
- Private cloud automation
- Scripting – PowerShell (Mandatory)
- Ansible for Configuration Management
- Auto healing
- Windows Server Administration
- Agile software development
- Must be a quick Learner
- Part of a team that will interface with various internal teams
- Working with other teams to improve the workspace/collaboration
- Recommend/assessment current tools in the environment
- Provide subject matter expertise and have proficiency with multiple core technologies in our public/hybrid cloud environments, including Windows and Linux operating systems, Configuration Management technologies (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Cloud Provider), Container technologies (Kubernetes, Docker), Scripting Languages (Python, Node, PowerShell, Java), Infrastructure As Code Development (Terraform, Cloud Formation, Packer), monitoring and setting up of alerts for Cloud / Infrastructure components, Cloud specific networking / software defined networking (SDN) and security components and services.
- Provide technical guidance and develop strategic technical direction for the corporation within the scope of Cloud Platform Operations concerning product features, upgrade/migration strategies, new product/feature evaluation, and various technology solutions to improve and enhance overall operational capabilities in the public/hybrid cloud environments.
- In-depth knowledge of VMware vRealize Orchestrator or other Orchestration tools
- Create standards for unit, functional test and deployment automation solutions.
- Build scalable, consistent platform solutions with cloud computing technologies: AWS and on premises private Cloud.
- Engage in critical problem resolution and continuous improvement activities.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across the organization following agile methodologies.
- Develop and implement plans for and provide operational support and life-cycle management of the services and infrastructure that reside in the cloud provider accounts.
- Responsible for adherence to corporate regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Manage the development, compliance, and documentation of procedures and processes required to support Cloud Platform Operations.
- Direct and guide vendor and consultant resources.
- Collaborate and consult with vendor and other DTO teams to ensure that technology decisions enable automation capabilities and enhance operational excellence goals.
- Represent Cloud Platform Operations and its technical capabilities in cross-functional meetings with business customers and other Digital departments.
MatchPoint Solutions |
- VMware VRO/VRA Engineer
- Demonstrated experience with one or more major cloud providers (AWS, MS Azure, and Google Cloud) required.
- Knowledge of Configuration Management tools (Puppet, Chef, Ansible) preferred.
- Relevant experience in an Agile development environment preferred.
- Proficiency with infrastructure monitoring tools such as Splunk, AWS CloudWatch preferred.
- Working understanding of Container Technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes preferred.