Job Title: Technical Lead
Location: San Francisco, CA (Remote until post-Covid)
Duration: 8 months (likely to extend)
Top Required Skills:
- AWS - - this person should at least know some services in the cloud. Does not need to be expert level.
- Senior level (10+ years) experience as a hands-on developer/technical lead
We are seeking an experienced data & technology professional to work in a fast-paced dynamic team of other technical leaders. This position helps define the groups’ technology strategy, decisions, and patterns. This leader is also responsible for mentoring Full Stack Developers to ensure common understanding and guidance on how to implement the technologies chosen through hands-on and show-by-doing techniques. The successful candidate will have a passion for building and leading great teams and will be responsible for developing an environment where teams can be successful by removing roadblocks and fostering a culture of agility. The successful candidate will bring deep expertise with data product delivery on Public Cloud, including data acquisition, storage, metadata, lineage, modeling, security, and governance.
- Create and contribute to technology decisions that are consistent with enterprise standards, architectures and strategies
- Contributes to the development of Data & Analytics procedures and standards
- Having good knowledge of Node, React, Python including Database services, GraphQL, Jenkins, GitHub
- Mentors a team full-stack developer including leading-by-doing, hands-on delivery support
- Instrumental in leading technology direction of data & analytics products that will provide value for the company and its customers
- Support ownership of Offshore Teams Delivery
- Enable defined SLAs and metrics through foundational technologies; Provide recommendations and implement as needed
- Fosters a culture of Agile delivery, including coaching and teaching
- May be required to organize, schedule, coordinate and lead communities of practice or other working groups, both temporary and ongoing, to accomplish assigned objectives.
- Creates system design models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to system programmer and development team
- Develop understanding of business drivers and financial levers to provide delivery decision support
- Partners with leaders to drive high performance in their lines of business
- Ensures compliance to standards/regulations and governance processes
- Collaborates with other teams, leaders, other LOBs, and technology partners in the delivery and sharing of concepts to leverage across portfolios