Sacramento, CA area
6 month (potential contract to hire)
The Identity Access Management (IAM) Principal Engineer is responsible for installation, integration and deployment of IAM solutions within this “Client” Cybersecurity IAM team. The IAM Principal Engineer requires a strong understanding of Identity Access Management (IAM), and Identity Access Governance (IAG) products and implementation methodologies.
- 10 years of IT engineering design and/or technical project implementation, and leadership experience
- Experience with multi-tier enterprise technology environments
- Web Access Management: Experience with Single-Sign-On tools such as SecureAuth, Siiteminder, PingAccess, PingFederate, ForgeRock
- Extensive experience in implementing access management controls and systems
- Web Access Management: Experience with Single-Sign-On tools similar to SecureAuth, Siiteminder, PingAccess, PingFederate, ForgeRock
- Integration experience with SAML, OpenID Connect, Oauth
- Expertise in developing integration APIs and web services (RESTful/SOAP)
- Integration experience with Multi Factor Authentication
- User directories: Understanding of LDAP, Virtual Directory Services, and Active Directory
- Privileged Access Management: Understanding of privileged access password management (PAPM) tools
- Monitoring: Tools such as Splunk, and SEIM platforms like QRadar
- Scripting/automation experience using PowerShell, VBScript, python, or bash
- Web application server knowledge (e.g. IIS, WebLogic, or Tomcat)
- Understanding of secure software development practices (AppSec)
- Agile development experience
- Understanding of authentication and authorization tools and technologies
- Exposure to DevOps, Robotics Process Automation (RPA) Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery experience
- Design SSO integration patterns then work with our partners and customers to implement them.
- Design, integrate, develop, configure, release, maintain, and support enterprise Identity & Access Management (IAM) solutions & capabilities.
- Provide software development & database skills in the delivery of sophisticated identity management solutions (both COTS and custom-built) that enable both employees and external clients to access systems and data while maintaining the principle of least privilege, using a combination of coding, scripting, integration, and platform customization – including system upgrades, installation, and performance tuning.
- Partner with Internal Audit and Compliance teams to develop and help to mature IAM security policies, metrics and reporting.
- Demonstrate exceptional analytical problem-solving skills including the ability to perform root cause analysis, troubleshooting, and system support.
- Provide timely, concise, and situationally appropriate status on deployment and app integration work.
- Work on automation and scripting to enable self-service environments and processes where practical.
- Author technical documentation, including: infrastructure topology, system design, workflows, data flows/mapping, implementation steps, and user/system support.
- Develop and deliver technical training designed to enable and educate the IAM team peers, Cyber consulting teams, support and application teams.