Job Title: Senior/Lead/Principal Java Engineer
Duration: 6+ Months
Location: Remote/ Midwest/East Region is preferred for remote workers.
The Senior/Lead/Principal Java Engineer will be part of an agile team working to build industry leading applications and services that are focused on driving customer value and experience. Work in a collaborative fashion to build industry leading digital and voice omni-channel platforms for the distribution of product. Assist in the modernization of legacy applications to decouple services and implement micro services. Design, implement, and support new (yet to be release) high visibility online web / API product. Product is developed and implement in Spring Boot with Spring MVC, Spring Data, Spring Security, and Apache Camel interfacing with Apigee as an external API intermediate and PostgreSQL for persistent storage.
Core Java Development
Experience with Architectural Frameworks
- Experience as a full stack Java Software Engineer developing enterprise-class web applications and services in the latest versions of Java (1.7 / 1.8)
Domain Expertise within eCommerce (cataloging products), Payments or Customer Experience
- Experience with Spring ideally, Spring Boot, framework required. Experience with both is ideal however deep knowledge of Spring will allow a short learning curve for Spring Boot. Experience or strong knowledge of architectural frameworks or patterns such as microservices, cloud-native application architecture, event-driven and/or message-based architectures. These architectures are being leveraged in the environment.
- Client is undergoing a digital omnichannel, technology and business transformation. Senior-level and above software engineers with applicable technological backgrounds and experience in similar domains are of strong interest and can bring extended business value to their organization. Domains relative to ecommerce, particularly B2C, electronic payments, cataloging are relative to PJ’s business model.
- Will provide high visibility feature to online presence and marketability
- Spring Boot based, embedded Tomcat with remote configuration service / configuration
- Designed to support responsive web clients via a REST API
- Consult with client groups to gather information about program needs, objectives, functions, features, and input/output requirements
- Convert designs and specifications into code
- Compile code and correct errors detected in compilation process. Analyze code to find causes of errors and revise code
- Test code using structured testing methodology, confirm programs meet specifications
- Document testing and ensure that the tests meet quality assurance requirements.
- Work with team members to prototype, refine, test, and debug programs to meet needs
- Train and assist team members in developmental skills
- Ensure development standards are adhered to (i.e. coding syntax, look and feel, commenting methods)
- Provide technical assistance by responding to inquiries from others regarding errors, problems, or questions about developed software
- Write and maintain technical specifications, documentation to describe program development, coding, testing, changes, and corrections, installation and operation of developed software
- Bachelor’s degree in CIS or Engineering highly preferred
- Senior level experience developing enterprise class Java-based web applications and services using latest versions (7/8)
- Experience with modern architectural frameworks and patterns; micro-services, event-driven or message-based
- Experience or knowledge of cloud-native application development
- Experience with Spring Development including Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Spring Integration and Spring Data
- Experience with JMS – Apache Kafka or Apache ActiveMQ Artemis
- Experience developing in complex environments using relational and non-relational databases
- Experience within Agile scrum environments
- Knowledgeable of DevOps and CI/CD processes and tooling – Jenkins, Docker
MatchPoint Solutions |
- Must have excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Must be able to effectively mentor and coach others – critical part of role