Role: DC Oprations Technican
Must have skillset:
- Solid Break-fix technician servers, network devices, clean fiber
- Servers: HPE, Dell, could change to Supermicro
- Storage: PURE, NetApp, Dell/Isilon
- Network: Cisco is must, Arista and Juniper are a plus
- Linux exp ( any flavor is fine)
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Project planning exp.
JD: Data Center Operations Technician- Scope of Services
- Install, cable, and label data center equipment including network, server, and storage devices
- Initial, boot strap, and configuration of infrastructure components (servers, network, storage).
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair data center equipment
- Manage equipment project builds and engage repair tickets
- Hands on / break-fix and smart hands for all hardware - Servers, Storage, Network, and cabling.
- Support on-site vendor activity via escort and assistance with internal tools
- Manage project timelines to support hardware infrastructure within expected completion intervals.
- Responsible for asset management of hardware at local site
- Follow and proactively contribute to documentation, automation and processes as they evolve
- Participate and follow server rack face elevations, floor plans, wiring diagrams, and detailed port maps for new deployments and documentation.
- Document and follow RMA processes and procedures for all relevant vendors.
- Follow, improve, and implement Data Center, DC POP, Server Labs best practices
- Provide necessary escalations to higher support tier; assist Customer Support with technical operations, and work with internal departments to ensure customer satisfaction
- Other tasks as required to support site environment