The Lead, Network Engineer designs, analyzes, plans and modifies network components supporting customer communication implementation activities.
The Lead, Network Engineer works on problems of diverse scope and complexity ranging from moderate to substantial.
The Lead, Network Engineer develops and evaluates network performance criteria and measurement methods. Prepares the analysis of the short-term or long-term capacity needs for switching, routing transmission and signaling. Conducts network architecture design, feasibility and cost studies. Develops alternative routing scenarios and changes in required sequence of network activities. Conducts economic and population growth studies to determine impact on network capacity and development plan projections. Advises executives to develop functional strategies (often segment specific) on matters of significance. Exercises independent judgment and decision making on complex issues regarding job duties and related tasks, and works under minimal supervision, Uses independent judgment requiring analysis of variable factors and determining the best course of action.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 8 + years of technical experience
• 2 + years of project leadership experience
• 5+ years network design experience for large complex enterprises
• Experience with network integration mergers and acquisitions
• IGP/BGP configuration and troubleshooting
• Equinix Cloud exchange design and configuration
• Data Center networking design and configuration including Arista an Cisco Nexus platforms
• Network security stack design and configuration including Palo Alto and Cisco
• WAN design and configuration
• SD-WAN design including Cisco Viptela and Meraki platforms
• Cloud inter-networking design including AWS, GCP and Azure
• Experience with O365 network design
• Deep knowledge and understanding of DevOps Culture
• Infrastructure automation design and deployment through Ansible and Python
• ServiceNow integration