This role is a part of the Cloud Center of Excellence
Skills and Work experience:
- 5 years of experience working in a diverse and global organization
- Proven record as a self-starter
- Proven record of experience with a Global Matrix driven organization
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- 8+ years of experience in implementing/leading DevOps and Cloud activities.
- Demonstrable knowledge of professional Cloud best practices and the full software development life cycle, including source control management, build processes, CI/CD, and installation. Experience on AWS cloud is a must have
- Solid experience with Cloud networking, cloud storage, cloud infrastructure and automation tools. Eg: Exposure to VPC Peering, Monitoring Tools/Solutions
- Experience with Docker/Containers / Kubernetes and how to implement containerization technologies using cloud
- Experience working in cross-functional Agile/Scrum teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication with a proven track record of collaborating cross-functionally.
- Looking for a Sr. Cloud Engineer to design, implement, and manage multi-cloud/hybrid cloud infrastructure.
- The person will be responsible for creating best practices for teams developing software applications. This person will help educate teams on how to leverage the cloud optimally.
- You will have the opportunity of being part of a start-up effort early on, within a large organization. You will be part of a Global DevOps team distributed across multiple locations. This position will report to the Head of DevOps.
- Manage AWS infrastructure provisioning requests.
- Create cloud formation scripts for provisioning AWS infrastructure requests
- Use automation tools like Terraform and Ansible and come up with pre-defined one-click "application environments"
- Maintain and Secure the cloud environments
- Troubleshoot production issues and steer them to resolution along with other teams.
- Work with development teams to identify correct solutions keeping in mind cloud lock-in dangers
- Build/improve monitoring and alerting solutions.
- Adopt and implement best practices and champion an engineering culture emphasizing Agile and DevOps.
- Manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, exciting, collaborative environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering / Technology with a minimum 15-18 years relevant experience in IS / IT from a reputed institution.