The JMET Engineering team is looking for a Technical Writer Consultant who possess a diverse background in documenting technical processes, API’s , end-user guidelines, check lists, user manuals and other documentation for all phases of projects.
A successful candidate will be; who can dive into the existing documentation and application to create high-quality content that fills in the gaps, improves existing documentation, and updates it in line with feature releases.
Skills & Experience Requirements:
- Write, publish, and maintain high-quality documentation and online content, including concept docs, how-to guides, and reference material.
- Gathers, analyzes, and composes information provided by subject matter experts (SME).
- Translates SME information into clear, readable documents and process maps to be used by users.
- Ensures consistency, clarity, and quality in and across all types of documentation.
- Understand and pursue current and emerging technology. Demonstrate competency in core skills
- Create Sequence and Flow Diagram to explain the application process.
- Must be very comfortable meeting deadlines in a very fast-paced, cross functional environment.
- 3+ years’ experience in Technical Writing or Technical Content Development.
- Must have great communication and management skills, be exceptionally collaborative and creative, and be open to candid feedback.
- Able to share high-quality work samples during the interview process, if requested.
- Experience with Sphinx, Wordpress, Docusaurus or another known open source documentation publishing platform.
- Experience in API Documentation and markup language is a plus.