Project Jacquard is looking for a strong Cloud Services Engineer to support the development of cloud services.
The software ecosystem for Jacquard includes Cloud services, mobile applications (on iOS & Android) and firmware running on garments. As part of Project Jacquard team, you will take ownership of updating the backend services that facilitate the Jacquard end-to-end experience. The job requires knowledge of how web services are deployed and configured. You will ensure that the design and implementation of the backend services aligns with the requirements for the mobile apps. You will be participating in the development of applications and SDKs that are used by Jacquard as well as 3rd party developers who wish to integrate their services with Jacquard. You will work with various Google teams to ensure that the backend platform conforms with, and leverages Google standards & products. Good general programming skills as well as strong aptitude/reasoning is essential.
Prior experience developing or maintaining Android/iOS apps is a definite advantage.
● Coordinate with Product teams (Management, User Experience, Mobile apps) to design and build out web services that align with the product roadmap.
● Develop and deploy new services for Jacquard mobile apps; own & maintain existing services
● Work in an Agile environment to quickly iterate over the design-build-test-measure cycles
● Coordinate with Program Managers and members of other teams to implement updates to the backend systems in a timely manner
● BS in Computer Science with 5+ years of experience
● Experience with building web services for mobile apps
● Experience developing / integrating with mobile app on Android and/or iOS.
● Exposure to Firebase platform technologies such as Real-time Database, Cloud Functions, Remote Config, etc.