Sr. Oracle DBA
Location: St. Louis, MO
Duration: 6+ months to Hire
Provide RDBMS support for Customer Applications. Guides and provides direction for Customer’s use of best practices and application database solutions. Reviews new tools and products that assist in providing database support and services.
- Forward thinking infrastructure automation and scripting skills.
- Leads in managing customer and partner expectations and communicates proactively.
- Requires little supervision while identifying tasks associated with responsibilities
- Collaborates with other DBAs, participates in internal projects, and leads some initiatives.
- Provide DBA suggestions and input on direction for database domain strategy.
- Expert knowledge of Oracle replication (Golden Gate/DataGuard)
- Intermediate knowledge of Oracle Exadata administration
- Expert knowledge of Oracle internals
- Expert knowledge of Oracle middleware (OEM/ODI/OWB/APEX)
- Expert knowledge of Oracle physical database tuning
- Expert knowledge of SQL tuning background
- Intermediate knowledge of backup/recovery using RMAN
- Intermediate PL/SQL coding background
- Intermediate Understanding of logical and physical data models
- Intermediate implementation knowledge of partitioning
- Working knowledge of Oracle RAC, Cluster Resource software, and Oracle 12C features
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Be able to work with team members located in multiple geographies
- Cloud technology - bonus!
- Knowledge of other database technologies, such as PostgreSQL and NoSQL – bonus!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information systems or equivalent experience.
MatchPoint Solutions |
- Demonstrates an understanding of Data Architecture’s role in supporting business processes.
- Demonstrates ability to participate in cross functional teams for estimating, application designs, and implementation strategies.
- Uses strong writing and verbal communication skills to build awareness and to proactively promote DBA’s position in support of sound database structures, data governance and other Corporate strategies.
- Displays excellent collaborative skills with cross-functional teams.
- Provide positive customer service to internal business partners.