Engineer, Global Service Delivery Systems Platform Support.
Global Service Delivery is a team of Technology Architects and Web Platform Build and Support Engineers responsible for the build maintenance and support of the Customer core application infrastructure and systems needs in-line with Customer's operational standards and principles.
Global Service Delivery’s Web Platform Support Engineers are responsive to platform incidents and problems, driving them to resolution and working to pre-emptively mitigate future incidents through systems analysis and testing. Service Delivery support engineers are responsible for supporting platforms in a follow the sun support model, working with peer teams in multiple geographic locations to ensure stability of production runtime environments.
- Support, troubleshoot & develop technical solutions and alternatives to meet business requirements in adherence with Customer standards, processes and best practices and with a high level of innovation, cost effectiveness, high quality and faster time to market
- Participate as part of a global team to support Customers critical core applications.
- Participate in PoCs Proof of Concept and help the Department with selection of Vendor
Solutions, Technologies, Methodologies and Frameworks.
- Perform problem diagnosis; performance tuning; capacity planning and configuration management for Customer internet components.
- Assure system stability and future compatibility by monitoring production execution of all relevant systems.
- Provides highest level troubleshooting on unified internet solutions, unique problems unanswered at lower levels or those impacting customer or backbone access and global performance
- Performs lead role in reviewing vendor proposals and making recommendations
- Research and evaluate new technology for possible deployment in Customer’s internet infrastructure.
- Leads complex initiatives and projects and have total accountability for ongoing regional projects as assigned; including responsibility for planning; time and cost control; resource utilization and implementation.
All About You
- Systematic knowledge and understanding of network, operating system principles and web middleware.
- In-depth knowledge in one or more core functions related to internet infrastructure design and/or web administration.
- Must be high-energy, proactive, detail-oriented and able to function under pressure in an independent environment.
- Must have a high degree of initiative and self-motivation and demonstrate the ability to drive results.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written and strong relationship and collaborative skills and organizational skills with the ability to work as a member of matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project team.
- Strong willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities is critical.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist | MatchPoint Solutions