View all jobs
Teradata - Database DeveloperChennai, Chennai
Teradata - Database Developer
Location - Chennai
Technical Skills Required –
Interpersonal Skills –
- Good understanding of Teradata Database and architecture.
- Able to write complex SQL queries. Should be able to work independently and have prior experience of development life cycle.
- Good understanding on Teradata GCFR framework.
- Well versed in Schema Design/Performance Tuning/Teradata Utilities/Creating Technical specification document/Code Review.
- Working & development knowledge on job scheduler - Control M.
- Strong ETL Experience and worked on tools like Talend/Teradata Decision Expert (TDE)
- Experience in sourcing data from relational database (Oracle/ SQL -Server etc) & Hadoop onto Teradata.
- Should have worked in UNIX platforms.
- Exposure to Unix Shell and Batch Scripting
- Good presentation & communication skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English language.
- Able to coordinate with other technical teams
- To be able to conduct presentation to team/stake holders.
- To be able to work with accuracy and in a timely manner.
- Good team member and ability to work independently.
- Developing Teradata jobs using GCFR /Teradata Utilities such as TPT/Bteq/Tpump etc.
- Data sourcing from different platform (Oracle/Hadoop) onto Teradata environment.
- Work on development activities independently.
- Write efficient SQL & exposure to query tuning.
- Perform data analysis and reporting based on stake holder request with in SLA.
- Creating Control M jobs to schedule ETL load.
- Manage and own all changes made to Production system.
- Aware of release cycle and work with other team members/business users to facilitate UAT.
- Creating technical specification documents/data dictionary.