Vice President of Technology
Location: Kansas City MO
Duration: Direct Hire
Are you a motivated, results-oriented and driven Engineering leader? Are you passionate about change and making a difference at the company you work for? If so, our client is looking for a Vice President of Engineering, Lead Management to manage the customer lead flow from Capture, through Advice and Referral, to Move In and Billing. You will be instrumental in delivering on the new product vision for our client. Bring your relentless drive for results and help us deliver.
Our client provides personal and professional assistance to families in the search of senior care options throughout the USA and Canada. Our clients’s mission is to be dedicated to being a comprehensive senior living resource, providing support through every step of the journey to finding senior care options. We are the leaders in the senior care industry, providing valuable information, resources, and best-in-class customer service to both our families who are looking for care, and our partner communities.
Living by our values and working to achieve excellence on behalf of the families we serve and customers we support is integral to success at our client. Employees who thrive at our client live our values every day and are an important part of our hiring practices.
Who you are:
- Focus on Excellence
- Act with Integrity & Assume Positive Intent
- Drive Outcomes Every Day with Passion and A Sense of Mission
- Make the Lives of our Families and Customers Better, Easier and More Successful
- Realize the Full Potential in Each Team Member. Work as a Single Supportive Team.
To qualify for this role, you have extensive experience developing scalable and performant web applications and services that power these websites with progressive experience as a leader. You have designed, built and maintained high volume consumer facing web applications and have a firm grasp of cloud services and APIs.
What you will do:
Preferred Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Work closely with the offshore/Geo-dispersed development team and leadership to deliver business value in an agile environment.
- Provide technical thought leadership in development tools and techniques; articulate ideas and ROI to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Based on agreed overall architecture, define coding standards for the development team and ensure adherence to these standards.
- Provide detailed code reviews and assess overall code quality and flexibility.
- Optimize the overall software development process making improvements where necessary to drive increased productivity and quality.
- Work with Product and Marketing teams to understand requirements and produce technical designs and estimates for software projects.
- Provide input to overall hiring strategy for client development and participate in recruitment process for client technical staff. Interview third party technical resources where appropriate.
- Establish strong working relationships with technical teams working alongside a variety of technical resources: developers, test analysts, network engineers, DBAs etc.
- Operate at both a strategic and tactical level, using hands-on technical skills when required.
- Establish strong relationships with peers in other parts of client. Leverage these relationships to share knowledge and experience, and ensure that the client’s technology strategy, experience and commercial agreements are considered in the Community Customer architecture.
- Assist in analysis and resolution of complex production support issues.
- A minimum of 5+ years’ experience working in a web application e-commerce environment, including development and support of high-availability transactional websites.
- Deep technical competency in designing high-performance, high-scalability, n-tier architectures.
- Solid experience with AWS.
- Experience working with agile development methodologies (Scrum).
- Familiar with standard design patterns applicable to enterprise software.
- High awareness of both established and emerging technologies relevant to high-volume websites.
- Broad knowledge of network technologies applicable to a secure, fault-tolerant production website.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to troubleshoot complex issues.
- Experience with Atlassian Product Set
MatchPoint Solutions |