|Senior DevOps Engineer
A Senior DevOps Engineer has proven themselves to be exemplary at all the job functions of a Systems Engineer and is ready for the next step, either towards a management role or a more in depth technical role. This position reports to the Systems Engineering Manager.
- Manage the availability, scalability, and efficiency of multiple infrastructure services running on Windows and Linux
- Challenge the limits of our existing infrastructure and design new solutions that keep us on the cutting edge of technology.
- Provide support for emergent problems, identify root cause and drive improvements through automation and self-healing services.
- Support network infrastructure including WAN, LAN, and wireless technologies.
- Coach junior team members and assist in their development and learning.
- Provide clear and professional communication of ideas or feedback to Leadership and other internal team members.
- Perform on-call duty as needed.
- Perform additional tasks as assigned.
Required Skills and Competencies
- 5+ years supporting and engineering Microsoft or Linux/UNIX infrastructure.
- Strong understanding of IAC and experience using deployment/management tools such as Terraform, Cloud Formation, and Ansible.
- Has implemented multiple complex production solutions and documented them thoroughly.
Preferred, Traits, Skills, and Competencies
- The ideal candidate is an autonomous self-starter that has a passion for learning paired with a strong since of responsibility and ownership.
- Experience training and coaching junior team members.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and an ability to come up with creative “outside the box” solutions in a cost effective manner.
- Demonstrable track record of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering measurable results in an agile environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 8+ years relevant work experience.
- AWS Solutions Architect – Associate Certification.