• Assist in AV Event operations from support coordination, technical planning, and show running.
• Provide support for Events, including setting up and operating equipment like Audio Mixers, video switchers, PTZ cameras, and more.
• Provide professional, effective, knowledgeable and rapid Audio-Visual support to staff as needed in our environment.
• resolve or escalate support calls within agreed timescales using Jira ticketing system.
• Main duties and responsibilities
• Assist in the setting up, operating of ‘All Hands’ type meetings and events using a range of specialist AV hardware and software.
• Receive and handle requests for support following agreed procedures. Respond to requests for support by providing information to assess technical needs of upcoming events / large meetings.
• Quickly investigate and diagnose problems in AV systems during live shows/events and assist with the implementation of agreed remedies preventative measures, and documentation, including maintenance of such AV systems in presentation spaces.
• Maintain a knowledge of specific technical specialisms, and provide advice regarding their appication.
• Provide assistance to users in a professional manner following agreed procedures for further help or escalation and contribute to the development of operational procedures and standards.
• Assist in scheduling meetings with POC’s to gather information, requirements, and provide a show plan.
• Assist in tracking of all event requests, logging and ticketing as outlined by the event request protocol.
• Take responsibility for own workload and keep others informed, highlighting potential problems and suggesting solutions to ensure continuity of service delivery.
• Communicate effectively with customers, team members and colleagues across the dept.
• Maintain a team player mentality and contribute ideas to efforts while following outlined procedures and direction from superiors.
Knowledge and Experience
• 2 years experience in AV event production
• Experience of providing AV support (1st & 2 nd tier) and the associated processes
• Strong understanding of audio/video and data signal flow
• Experience and knowledge of DSPs, control processors, and VC solutions
• Experience with various broadcast streaming solutions
• knowledge of computer hardware including Mac/PC and Android/iOS
• knowledge of specialist AV hardware and software; knowledge of IT networking a plus
• Experience of using an Jira Ticketing system to manage, allocate and monitor support tasks
• Technical competence and proven troubleshooting skills, particularly AV production and VC systems
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work with all levels of staff
• Ability to assimilate new support tasks, while retaining and developing established ones
• Ability to adapt communication style to suit the audience
• Ability to work within a changing business and technical environment
• Ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information with tact and discretion