The Quality Advocate works closely with other team members to build quality, through the following responsibilities:
- Keep the team and stakeholders informed of a holistic view of the product’s quality.
- Elicit examples that act as or clarify acceptance criteria.
- Encourage collaboration and discussion about doing better testing within the team.
- Help developers plan and build automated checks at the right levels of the system in order to provide the optimal return of feedback to cost of ownership of the test suite.
- Evaluate the product’s fitness for purpose by learning about it through exploratory testing and experimentation to complement automated checks.
- Work with stakeholders to determine which features and defect fixes are critical to the end user and business.
- Work with stakeholders to identify reasonable quality goals based on product needs.
- Work with the team to improve processes to ensure that the team meets those quality goals.
- Measure how closely the product meets the quality goals set forth by the stakeholders, including risk as it applies to the quality of the product.
- Carry out root-cause analysis of defects when they occur.
- Partner with everyone from the product owner to operations to help ensure that everyone is working towards the goal of delivering a quality working product into production.
- Pair with developers to write clean and maintainable test code.
- Ask questions and challenge others to consider the consequences of design decisions.
- This is not a “remote” position. The candidate will be primarily working out of the St. Louis office with periodic travel to Maryland Heights.
The following knowledge skills and attributes are required:
- Understanding and knowledge of quality assurance processes and methods used in software development.
- Team oriented and possess strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong desire to learn and self-motivated in pursuit of new skills and understanding of software design and quality engineering.
- Comfortable with different platforms such as; websites, mobile apps, and backend API
- Knowledge of and ability to apply the concept of the test pyramid
- Minimum of one year experience with quality assurance and testing of software applications.
- Experience using technologies for detecting and tracking software defects.
The following knowledge skills and attributes are preferred:
MatchPoint Solutions |
- Working knowledge of and/or experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience testing native mobile applications on Android or iOS
- Working knowledge of unit testing frameworks such as Junit, NUnit, Espresso, etc.
- Automated testing frameworks such as Webdriver, Espresso, Capybara, Nightmare, Jest, etc