View all jobs
System EngineerAnchorage, Alaska
Job Title: System Engineer
Duration: 6+ Months with Extension
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
End User Support
Server and Infrastructure Support
- Resolution of end user support issues
- Ensure service requests exist for operational issues and are kept up to date
- Ensure that new users have the technical equipment required to effectively and efficiently perform in their role
- Ability to act as primary IT interface for senior leadership to solve variety of information technology related issues, including desktop, application, infrastructure, security and network efficiency.
- Resolution of support issues, including server, system, application and network
- Ensure change management process is followed and system changes are documented;
- Ensure that local system environments are running to their optimal capability
- Ensure systems are upgraded to appropriate patch levels.
- Prioritization of personal workload and resolution of service desk calls.
- Infrastructure support and guidance to user population.
- Financial decisions outside the position’s DOA including the engagement of 3rd parties which will incur an outside cost
- Project selection and prioritization in line with identified business needs.
- Approval for the acquisition of hardware and software.
- Priority conflicts for Service desk issues or requests
- Ability to interaction with key stakeholders.
- Middle to upper level experience in multiple practices, such as: VMware, Citrix XenApp, XenDesktop, Windows Server 2012 & 2016 and SCOM & SCCM
- Ability to troubleshoot end user issues, such as: Printers, Network connectivity, Webex issues and Citrix connectivity issues
- Ability to write and follow documented procedures and encourage knowledge sharing amongst team members
- Strong Customer Service orientated approach to resolving issues. Excellent people skills and ability to multi-task in in a demanding environment. Desire and ability to work as part of a global team
- Demonstrated understanding of system administration activities including server deployment, configuration & troubleshooting
- Be able to participate in afterhours work and on-call roster as required
- SQL/Oracle database administration
- Mobile Device Management Administration
- Experience with Netscalers, PowerShell Scripting, Office 365, NetApp, firewall configuration, Appsense
- Demonstrated understanding of Cyber Security best practices (eg: role based access control)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Corporate IT position
- Experience working on end user support in Remote, onsite and over the phone scenarios.
- Working with remote Vendor support and on-site consultants
- Managing and maintaining data center infrastructure
MatchPoint Solutions |
- Previous experience working in an Oil & Gas Environment