MatchPoint Solutions is for candidates looking for a challenging career in a progressive company. MatchPoint and its clients are always looking for the qualified candidates, hiring directly out of top universities as well as experienced individuals from the industry.
NETWORK AUTOMATION ENGINEER
Duration: 6 month (potential to convert FTE)
Location: Seattle, WA
This position is responsible for the architecture, design, documentation and operations of network transport topologies, network hardware, security, VoIP, customer relations, and all network services within the infrastructure. It will provide Client with expert network design and daily operational support of the Enterprise wide network, including participation in planning, installation, maintenance, management, and coordination. It will provide technical leadership to the day to day operations of Client's network environment.
Ideally candidates will not be only contractors doing 6-12 engagements (because of the different mindset going in as contractor vs. a long term engagement). It is best if candidates have employment history of being with the same company for a few years.
Candidates should have experience in Network operations at a senior level or almost at a senior level.
CCIE is a nice to have but not a must have.
Client is looking for a Sr Network Automation Engineers:
This person will focus on Scripting and Automation (especially scripting related to API, Python, and ACI)
Senior level means they should have experience leading teams and/or network design/architecture, as well as 10+ years of experience
Cisco routing & switching, automation and orchestration programming (can do it from scratch). Taking client from no automation and eventually moving into a full automation orchestration environment.
Scripting focused Engineer Must Have experience in 1 or more of the following languages:
**Candidates do not have to be a programmer but should be able to come up with their own tools.. They won’t have anything to edit.
Git hub (nice to have)
Similar to a DevOps role but specifically for automation of routing/switching infrastructure. Client is moving more towards Agile/DevOps mode.
Engineers MUST HAVE Strong communication skills!
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field OR equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates competency
- At least five (5) years experience with LAN and WAN technologies + wireless, to include:
- Experience with packets captures, routing protocols, security, wireless, network node scanning, VPNs, firewalls, network management platform, and ITIL framework
- Experience with installation, operations, maintenance, and support, to include routers, switches, sniffers, cabling, firewalls, IDS, VPN, Radius, Tacacs+, LDAP, etc.
- At least three (3) years experience with Cisco and Brocade equipment
- Expert knowledge and expertise in local and wide area networking, wired and wireless communications
- Expert knowledge of layer 2 switching and layer 3 routing including dynamic routing protocols (specifically BGP and OSPF).
- Per the driver's license requirement noted below, must have a driving record acceptable to Risk Management.
- Current Driver's License.
- Minimum of seven (10) years experience with Cisco, Citrix Netscaler Load Balancers, Firewall management and Solarwinds equipment, and associated certifications. CCIE highly preferred.
Technical Resource Manager | MatchPoint Solutions | Office 925-829-7755 | Email email@example.com