MatchPoint Solutions is for candidates looking for a challenging career in a progressive company. MatchPoint and its clients are always looking for the qualified candidates, hiring directly out of top universities as well as experienced individuals from the industry.
Network Engineer - LAN/WAN
A successful candidate will have:
· Assists Information Technology management in designing and building the enterprise’s computing networks including data centers, wide area, local area, and value added components where applicable.
Analyzes and evaluates technical requirements and specifications for the seamless integration of enterprise wide Network resources.
· Interface with North American Business users and develop standards based solutions to meet business demands for LAN, Data Center, and Campus platforms.
· Supports the planning and installation of computer equipment and networks.
· Troubleshoot and fix LAN/Data Center Wireless related issues
Prepares designs layouts and configurations as a normal part of project assignments.
Improves customer satisfaction in reliability, availability, and cost of network service.
Participates in certain aspects of user consulting, systems analysis, vendor contracts and detail systems design.
Delivers the appropriate level of documentation to support recommendations. Makes recommendations continually on changes in hardware and network configuration to improve delivery of service.
Supports company-wide communication and network solutions. Able to multitask in a high pressured situation, and extensive troubleshooting knowledge in routing and switching.
· 3+ years of experience as a Network Engineer, supporting large and complex multi-site environments
· 3+ years’ experience with wide and local area networks including experience with common-carrier data networks.
· 3+ years’ experience in data center architecture and network design.
· Experience designing, installing and maintaining LAN/WAN hardware and software technologies and standards.
· Experience configuring and installing routers and switches, experience analyzing network capacity and security, and experience translating business requirement into a solution.
· In depth knowledge of CISCO Networking technologies, including Nexus Switches, NXOS, Nexus 2000, 3000, 5000, 6000, 7000, and 9000 series.
· CatOS, iOS, 6509,6800, 4500, and 3750X switch lines.
· Experience troubleshooting and diagnosing problems in campus LAN and WAN environments.
Knowledge of CISCO Wireless networking technology, including ISE configuration and management.
Deep understanding of the following protocols: BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, STP, RSTP.
· Hands on experience working on ACI architecture solution/troubleshooting