- Established as an expert in a project management. Plans, designs, develops and implements project processes. Uses professional concepts to contribute to development of company concepts and principles and to achieve objectives in creative and effective ways. Applies advanced principles, theories, and concepts. Contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas. Has thorough understanding of concepts required for specialized field. Uses knowledge, creativity, and company practices and priorities to obtain solutions to complex problems.
- Own the successful delivery of multiple projects.
- Manage projects with moderate to high complexity that may be broad in scope with a broad customer base, addressing multiple functional areas across multiple organizational domains, involving medium to large size teams with a reporting hierarchy.
- Responsible for developing the project resource plan/release plan, forecast and budget.
- Ensure that the project remains within the project budget throughout the project life cycle.
- Facilitates productivity and protects team from impediments.
- Understand and influence decision making processes and cost/time/quality impacts to a project.
- Ensure cross-functional IT and business areas are involved as appropriate.
- Manage scope, issues, constraints, risks, assumptions and change control process throughout the project life cycle.
- Track and report project progress and status. Initiate escalation of issues as appropriate to ensure timely resolution.
- Ensure the successful migration to production (technical and business processes) and the development of an on-going support plan.
- Responsible for project team’s adherence to and compliance with IT Standards, processes and tools (i.e. the Symantec project methodology, SOX, etc.).
- Deliver to management and may lead identified gaps or follow-on efforts relative to overall continuous improvement within the Symantec project methodology, functional units, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experienced in writing proposals or papers, acting as a vendor liaison, making professional level presentations to all levels of an organization.
- Skilled at producing meticulous documentation and project plans
- Consistently demonstrates ability to use innovative ideas to solve problems in a cost effective manner.
- Projects and programs are completed with no open items.
- Projects collect little or no technical debt.
- Works independently work through interpersonal issues resulting in a successful project and teamwork.
INTERNAL / EXTERNAL CONTACTS
- Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
- Works under general direction toward predetermined long-range goals.
- Determines and pursues courses of action essential in obtaining desired outcomes.
- May provide guidance to lower level technical personnel but has no formal supervisory responsibility.
- Acts as prime consultant on large & crucial projects that affect the organization's long-term goals and objectives.
- Interfaces with Sr. Management to provide and obtain information and build consensus regarding project direction.
- MS/MBA/MA degree, applicable certification or equivalent experience required
- Experience managing projects valued at (USD)2M+
- Experience in data center migration, builds and closures
- Minimum: PMP, ITILv3 Foundations
- Advanced Proficiency in Microsoft Project
Certifications & Licenses:
- Certified Data Center Expert (EPI)
- Certified Data Center Professional (EPI)
- Certified Data Center Specialist (EPI)
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
- Data Center Certified Associate (Schneider Electric)