Front End / UX Designer
The resource will be asked to support various projects across IS with their branding efforts. The ideal candidate must possess strong graphic design and technical skills, be creative with an exceptional level of personal organization and attention to detail, and must work well in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
Requests vary from touching up a stock image to translating a team’s concept into the desired communication. The level of involvement, direction, and assistance varies with each project, and the resource will be expected to adapt to fit the needs of each group.
Manager is looking for:
Responsibilities may include:
- Candidates who can leverage PowerPoint, Photoshop and Illustrator to create compelling “Zen” style executive presentations
- Candidates who can take a complicated concept and create a simple, easy to understand and compelling graphic, illustration or infographic.
- Candidates who can understand complex information
- Candidates who have strong SharePoint experience
- Knowledge of information architecture, SharePoint 2013 security, permissions & structure
- Creating effective visual and written communications materials to promote IS projects and increase brand awareness
- Managing relationships with technical writers and consultants to meet objectives
- Understanding complex ideas and developing creative, technical and conceptual design solutions for a wide range of projects and presentations.
- Providing consulting services to project teams and collaborate with other subject matter experts to identify solutions in an effort to meet the business needs.
- Act as the IT Management SharePoint administrator and display the ability to design SharePoint sites.
- Organize and maintain the IS Shared Content Library.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Communications, Information Technology or a related field
- Five to seven years of experience in corporate graphic design (portfolio should include samples of presentation design, marketing materials and other design pieces that reflect capabilities)
- Excellent knowledge of SharePoint 2013 architecture and out of the box capabilities
- Project Management experience
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills and excellent interpersonal skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to learn, understand, adapt to, and communicate context-heavy material
- Proficiency in a variety of software applications including Photoshop and Illustrator. Excellent PC skills, including Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word and Excel)
- Ability to communicate with a diverse group of professionals, and champion IS organization’s communications goals to technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to follow directions, manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and respond to urgent requests in a positive manner
- Information Systems experience strongly desired
- Knowledge of Content Management Systems (CMS) helpful, but not required