Data Scientist – Smart Grid
The Data Scientist will responsible for characterizing, classifying and predicting the behavior of its customers’ distribution grids. These efforts help our customers streamline operations, save energy, and increase safety.
- Duration: 12+ months (with possibility of extension)
- Location: San Francisco
- # of open positions: 1
- This position offers a unique opportunity to work with emerging technologies in the rapidly developing and highly visibility Smart Grid space.
- Building simulations to model distribution grid phenomena
- Analyzing events and captured waveforms across a feeder to create a complete picture of an outage or disturbance
- Supporting the analytics team in developing disturbance detection and classification algorithms
- Masters Degree in electrical engineering, or closely related field
- PhD in relevant space is a huge plus.
- Power simulation software, e.g., Matlab/Simulink/Simscape Power Systems
- Three phase power, distributed generation, fault analysis, harmonic analysis
- Power quality phenomena
- Signal processing, filter design
- Familiarity with IEEE-1159, and grid reliability indices (e.g., SAIDI, SAIFI) is preferable.
- Statistics and machine learning background
- Experience with Python libraries for signal processing, machine learning and visualization.
- Understanding and experience with SCADA, Electric Distribution, Advanced Distribution Automation Systems (ADAS), Distributed Energy Resources (DER).
Technical Resource Manager | MatchPoint Solutions |
Office 925-829-7755 |