Financial Activities: Work closely with program manager/delivery leads and financial support groups on project forecasts, costmanagement, contract management, resource planning, and budget planning.
These responsibilities may include:
· Coordinating contract, material ordering, and resource management efforts,
· Monitoring project budgets, analyzing and reporting on cost variances,
· Entering financial data and project status information into tracking systems,
· Providing regular and ad-hoc financial status reports as well as analyzing budget and cost impacts as changes occur,
· Responding to basic questions and concerns from project stakeholders,
· Reviewing contract invoices, identify disparities, and resolve basic issues with vendors,
· Participating and assisting in the preparation of the annual business plan,
· Preparing job estimates and EASOP packages,
· Coordinating with and supporting the business planner with department budget cycle forecasting and cost management.
Monitoring, Controlling, and Accounting - Proactively monitor and analyze monthly project costs. Coordinate the corrections of errors inSAP charges. Maintain and validate vendor invoices.
Resource Planning: Support labor forecasts for projects. Provide support to projects by assisting with contract staffing and working withappropriate vendors and Sourcing for contractor services.
Contract Management Coordination: Coordinate material and service procurement, asset management,documentation/communications, contract/license management, vendor management, training, and lifecycle management.
Initiative/Project Coordination: May participate in the development, implementation, and maintenance of project schedules, as well ascommunication strategies and plans. May also participate in recording, monitoring and reporting of project issues, risks, and changerequests as well as project action and decision logs.
Operational Performance Analysis - Analyze costs and provide explanations of monthly variances with emphasis on identifying problemsand appropriate corrective actions. Meet with business planner to review costs, discuss variances, and proposed actions. Track projectcharges to ensure that the forecasts are on target.
Strategic Planning and Analysis - Fulfill ad-hoc requests for data analyses and project report related data. Work with business planners toassure that budget related information is communicated.