|Senior Network Engineer
Work Locations : Austin, TX,Boston, MA,Liberty Lake, WA,Oakland, CA,Oconee, SC,Owenton, KY,Philadelphia, PA,Raleigh, NC,San Diego, CA,
50% travel would be to these sites
Responsible for project based work supporting customer’s needs. Must have experience in a customer facing environment and be willing to travel 50% of the time. This individual will be part of the Delivery and Cloud Services Team and will implement customer projects throughout the country.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assertive and effective team player, focused on attention to detail to solve complex problems, while delivering an exceptional customer experience
- Plan and design Wide Area Network(WAN)
- Implement and support Wide Area Network (WAN)
- Responsible for delivering security solutions that are strategic to maintaining proper infrastructure security
- Mesh and point to point security architecture design, implementation and support
- Support and troubleshoot issues on network equipment, firewalls and applications
- Work with all internal groups and vendors to insure data integrity and security
- Work with outside vendors and internal organizations to perform required equipment install
- Design and implement complex network solutions in compliance with customer requirements.
- Evaluate any infrastructure and communications between organization and its vendors
- Develop system connectivity requirements for connections to external systems, externally facing applications (ex FTP servers), and connections via the internet to development, production and internal networks.
- Analyze business cases, architectural diagrams, and supporting documents for connectivity requests.
- A minimum of 8 years in IT with a minimum of 2 years providing design, configuration, testing, installation, and implementation of a wide variety of network infrastructure components in the support of a SNI architecture in order to meet customer objectives.
- Experience in client-facing roles.
- Design-level experience of Routing and Switching (R/S) concepts utilizing Cisco and Nexus within a multi-protocol environment.
- Very strong working knowledge of various Cisco routing and switching platforms and their configuration. Devices include (but are not limited to) ASR1000-series/ISR-4000 and ISR-3900 series routers, Catalyst 6500 switches, and Nexus-series switches.
- Deep technical knowledge in the implementation of L3VPN, L2VPN, OSPF and BGP
- Design, implement and support of IPv6
- Design, implement and support of multicast
- Understanding of security infrastructures (PKI, CA, etc.)
- Experience with security constructs and architectures (router/switch security configuration and PKI-based infrastructure).
- Experience with WAN VPN architectures and configuration, including IPSEC-over-GRE and FlexVPN.
- Ability to lead technical meetings with both internal and external customers.
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills
Education: Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Understanding of low-frequency (900MHz) mesh networking an advantageous plus.
- Wireless experience, especially in mesh, preferred.
- IOT experience a plus
- Design, implement and support of quality of service (QoS)
- Security certifications a plus
Certification: CISCO CCNP certification required, CISCO CCIE certification highly preferred.
Technical Resource Manager | MatchPoint Solutions | Office 925-829-7755 | Email firstname.lastname@example.org