MatchPoint Solutions is for candidates looking for a challenging career in a progressive company. MatchPoint and its clients are always looking for the qualified candidates, hiring directly out of top universities as well as experienced individuals from the industry.
Splunk Operations & Integrations Specialist
The Splunk Operations & Integrations Specialist is responsible for building, operating, integrating, onboarding, and developing content within the Splunk platform. The position requires the individual to be a highly knowledgeable on a number of security technologies, have a solid understanding of information security and networking and comprehensive experience interacting with customers.
The successful candidate will be able to engage on tasks independently, document and communicate their work efforts to a Scrum based project team and provide expert level technical support and Splunk development on an enterprise scale.
• Manage Splunk and related hardware infrastructure. Oversee production support.
• Design Splunk system to meet growth while maintaining balance between performance/stability and agility
• Develops advanced scripts for manipulation of multiple data repositories to support analyst requirements
• Manage customer expectations, On-board internal customers onto Splunk and support their project in multi-tenant Splunk installations
• Develops advanced reports, dashboards or alerts to meet the requirements of critical initiatives
• Develops scalable security management tools and processes
• Develops automation for security tools management
• Create customized searches and applications using programming/development skills such as java, python, shell scripting, regular expression etc.
• Automate deployment, integration and testing of enterprise system and services
• Minimum 4+ years of experience with Splunk
• 2+ years of network security and system security experience, supporting security event management tools (SIEMs)
• Thorough understanding and administrative knowledge of large scale Linux/Unix deployments
• Excellent understanding of enterprise logging, with a focus on application logging
• Excellent understanding of regular expressions
• Infrastructure management and support experience
• System administration experience in a Windows and Unix environment
• Experience in using scripting languages to automate tasks and manipulate data. Programming experience is a plus
• Experience working in a large enterprise environment
• Experience integrating solutions in a multi-vendor environment.
• Ability To:
• Communicate clearly to technical and business audiences
• Be well organized with a healthy sense of urgency, and able to set, communicate, and meet aggressive deadlines and milestones
• Self-motivate, learn quickly and deliver results with minimal supervision
• Quickly understand and interpret customer problem and navigate through complex organizations
• Represent the group in a friendly, courteous, and professional manner
In addition to the job description please provide the following information:
Top 3-5 Daily Responsibilities:
1. Splunk data acquisition, onboarding, and knowledge managment
2. Linux system administration, operations & automation
3. Splunk operational monitoring
Top Required Skills:
1. Splunk Knowledge Manager / Splunk Administration
2. Linux OS – design, development, operations
1. User Education
2. Project planning & task tracking
Technical Resource Manager | MatchPoint Solutions | Office 925-829-7755 | Email email@example.com