|IT Solution Architect - Senior
| Please reach out to me - email@example.com
The Solution Architecture (SA) leads all technical aspects of an Information Technology project. The Solution Architect uses expertise in multiple technical areas to document the technology solutions that meet the business needs.
Senior Solution Architects have accountability and responsibility for solutions that are of complex scope and with significant risk and high impact across multiple functions. They work autonomously. They address complex problems that span functions and may manage projects or initiatives that are high complexity and risk. They provide guidance, coaching and mentoring to non-architect technical staff of lesser experience.
|Roles and responsibilities:
- Solution Design and Road mapping: Works in partnership with a project manager to orchestrate the architecture design and is accountable for the overall technical quality of solutions. Follows the IT Methodology, producing, contributing to and providing signoffs on deliverables as defined.
- Future State Planning and Road mapping: Works with Business Architects and Technology Architects to contribute to planning and road mapping activities.
- Capabilities Assessment and Technology Oversight: Partners with the Technical Architects in the health evaluation of the technology within the architect’s focus area and assists in the development of improvement plans for their area of focus
|Required industry experience:
- 10 years in IT, with extensive experience in routing/swathing and security/firewalls
- 7 years of solution architecture and project implementation experience.
- Must have experience with Cisco routers/switches/fireballs
- Must have experience with PAN equipment
- Expert in the solution architecture discipline, processes, concepts and best practices
|Required technical experience
- Process design, information modeling and / or system solution architecture development with project or portfolio focus in at least one of the following: Application Architecture, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Information Architecture, Data Management, Security, or Infrastructure technologies
- Operational support for applications, systems, or infrastructure
- Experience with enterprise architecture tools
- Experience providing direction to design and engineering staff
- Experience providing direction to one or more architects
|Required functional experience
- Ability to engage and collaborate with IT and business leadership. Demonstrates thought leadership in area of expertise
- Clear and concise communications skills
- Influence outcomes through expertise and analysis
- Excellent stakeholder interaction; collaborative, able to work cross-functionally; possessing the ability to forge relationships and partner effectively
- Customer focus; Able to engage and influence partners to develop the best solutions
- Own the outcome; Able to manage expectations; strive for overall IT success; take the initiative; administrative excellence;
- Great insights and judgment skills; courage to share unpopular viewpoints; comfort with ambiguity
- Ability to apply multi-disciplinary approach to develop best-of-breed portfolio solutions
|Education and certifications – Nice to have
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related field
- Architecture Certification (TOGAF, Zachman, DODAF, etc)
- Security Certification (CISSP, etc)
- IT Delivery Certification (ITILv3, etc) (depending upon specific role)
Technical Resource Manager | MatchPoint Solutions | Office 925-829-7755 | Email firstname.lastname@example.org