L3 Support Technician
Experienced infrastructure technician responsible for the daily operations of server & client PC Support including the troubleshooting & break/fix of server & PC hardware, OS and ILO configuration, host & client software, network connectivity, account management, print queues, and tech support of video/audio conferences. Responsible for on-going infrastructure and data center maintenance & operations, change/problem management and project support.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows XP/Win7, Microsoft Server 2000-2012 and VMware is required.
- Requires working knowledge of standard protocols and other technologies including but not limited to: Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, SCCM, SCOM, CiscoWorks, Linux/UNIX, VoIP, and wireless LAN.
- Working knowledge/experience of PC imaging and remote control support tools.
- Hands on experience configuring, troubleshooting, optimizing and managing physical and virtual Windows Servers.
- Support/lead projects as assigned, on-time and within budget.
- Coordination with 3rd party vendors to support break/fix, preventative maintenance and issue resolution for server, network, HVAC, UPS systems.
- Professional demeanor with excellent written/verbal communication skills and a high level of quality & attention to detail to clearly communicate with the user community & executive management.
- Requires ability to learn quickly and follow established processes to maintain & enforce corporate security policies.
- Must be a strong team player and able to follow direction.
- Must have excellent organization & time management skills to perform at a high-level within a fast-paced environment.
- Ensure exceptional customer service & support with prompt problem resolution & follow-up with users.
- Provide 24x7 on-call coverage and some schedule flexibility.
- Must be able to lift servers and network devices out of boxes and into rack or remove from server/network cabinets.