- Design, implement and provide support for all network related hardware/software.
- Ensure system uptime and backup for network related equipment.
- Work with the team on establishing network design principles, practices, implementations, documentation and LAN/WAN maintenance
- Conduct security assessments (with security team) and make recommendations on data/voice network (LAN/WLAN/WAN/DMZ/Internet), disaster recovery, remote access, network appliances, servers, and directory services security
- Conduct incident triage and response, including working with firewall and device logs, investigating security events, protecting forensic value of data and establishing monitoring and incident reporting and response procedures.
- Work on establishing consistent metrics and collection methods for device log aggregation and review procedures
- Assist with defining the objectives of network implementations including developing and reviewing proposals and presentations
- Oversee security of hosted services and applications including security requirements and architecture, risk analysis, and periodic change reviews
- Work closely with engineering to help report issues and manage project deliverables and provide status and progress reports
- Provide comprehensive and timely support to all SOX and internal audit issues as they relate to Security Operations including analyzing data privacy requirements and implementing business process and IT controls
- 10+ years’ experience in networking and security roles
- BSCS or related field, MS preferred
- Expert knowledge of networking and routing protocols such as, TCP/IP, BGP4 (multi-homing), OSPF (multi-area), RIP, ISIS, etc.
- Expert working knowledge in the operation of Ethernet LAN switching protocols and standards including, VLANs, VLAN aggregation, Ether Channel, PVLANs, Spanning Tree & Rapid Spanning Tree, 802.1Q
- Extensive background in planning and designing projects and analyzing existing network systems and procedures for efficiency and effectiveness
- Experience with Load Balancers, F5 preferred, Reverse proxy Bluecoat
- 1e, and CAT and fiber cable distribution systems.
- Expert knowledge of data center design, build-out, and best practices
- Experienced in designing and implementing Business Continuity Plans and Disaster Recovery Plans and facilities
- Experience performing configuration and troubleshooting of Cisco & Arista routing/switching platforms
- Expert knowledge of firewalls technologies (PANW preferred), including VPNs and routing
- Experience with multi-tier architectures, including best practices around tier isolation (for databases, etc)
- Ability to analyze network packet traces (PCAP).
- Extensive knowledge of network security systems, intrusion detection systems and protocols including, ACE, ACS, VPN, GRE, IPSEC, IKE, TACACS, RADIUS, ACLs, 802.1x, audits, log files etc.
- Basic knowledge of shell scripting and programming languages such a PERL, Ruby, PHP, or Python
- Advanced knowledge of DNS and DHCP and Microsoft AD infrastructure.
- Extensive knowledge of network security systems, IDS’ and protocols including, ACE, ACS, VPN, GRE, IPSEC, IKE, TACACS, RADIUS, ACLs, 802.1x, audits, log files
- Strong analytical skills for interpreting business requirements and translating them into technical specifications
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to write network and security documentation, policies, and guidelines
- Experience with automation/scripting/coding will be a big plus
- Ability to work nights and weekends and provide 24/7 on-call support
- Well-versed in commercial InfoSec requirements, guidance and standards
- CCIE, CCSP, CCDP, preferred
- CISSP, CISM, CISA, SANS, ISO17799 preferred but not required.
Technical Resource Manager | MatchPoint Solutions | Office 925-829-7755 | Email email@example.com