Senior Devops Engineer
Culver City, Ca
Contract to Hire
- Track the health of our services, identify and fix problems on complex systems with massive scale.
- Possess troubleshooting and problem analysis skills.
- Avoid re-inventing the wheel and prefer appropriately simple, repeatable solutions over more complex and failure prone ones.
- Recognize and adopt best practices in documentation, testing, security, operational support at scale, and efficient use of resources.
- Insure all servers have required security compliance for patch management, anti-virus, and other threat protection
- Optimize the performance of our systems through team collaboration of hardware and software configurations.
- Create processes that enhance operational workflow and provide positive customer impact.
- Dive deep to resolve problems at their root, looking for failure patterns amenable to long-term solutions
- Works closely with other operations staff, engineering and client services to insure EV.Cloud services are available 24 x 7.
- Understand how commodity servers, operating systems and networks function, perform and scale.
- Possess superb troubleshooting and problem analysis skills.
- Drive technical innovation and efficiency in infrastructure operations via automation.
- Dive deep to resolve complex problems at their root, looking for failure patterns amenable to long-term solutions via simplification and automation.
- Act as a technical point of escalation & mentor for junior staff.
- Experience with enterprise IaaS/SaaS environment with experience supporting Windows operating systems, MS-SQL server environments, and Exchange email environments
- MCSE and/or VCP preferred
- Needs Azure or Amazon Web Service/Cloud experience
- Experience with writing Puppet or Chef code
- CI/CD pipeline knowledge is a plus
- Hands-on experience implementing and supporting highly available, redundant security solutions.
- Hands-on experience in Windows scripting, PowerShell, GPO, Unix/Linux, SMTP, and VMware
- Experience in implementing, managing, refining disaster recovery solutions is a definitive plus
- Significant knowledge of monitoring/alerting systems such as Solarwinds, SCOM or like systems
- Experience with Load Balancers, Firewalls, TCP/IP networking architecture and core technologies (DNS, HTTP, Routing, etc.)
- Experience with capacity planning, utilization review & performance monitoring.
- Operational knowledge of common enterprise switching and routing platforms.
Bachelors Degree, applicable certification or equivalent experience required
RELATED EXPERIENCE DESIRED4-6 years in IT application support positions with high-level problem solving experience. Technical knowledge with most operating systems or network/telecom systems or databases and utilities. Familiar with most basic system administration tools and processes.Ability to write scripts. Comfortable with most aspects of operating system administration, network/telecom systems or databases administration. Ability to do minimal debugging and modification.
Resource Manager| MatchPoint Solutions | Office (925) 829-4607| Email JColeman@matchps.com