Provides consulting and guidance on network security issues to other departments and internally during the development, implementation and ongoing lifecycle of IT systems and vulnerability analytics.
The following is a summary of the essential job functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
Ideal candidate requirements:
- Perform and analyze vulnerability assessments and large vulnerability data analysis
- Analyze security logs generated by Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems, firewalls, network flow systems, Anti-Virus and other security logging sources in correlation with vulnerability analysis
- Perform Security analysis utilizing SIEM technologies
- Provide Tier III level support for security issues that come through the network operations center.
- Good knowledge of Routing & Switching – (Load Balancer Technologies is a plus)
- Experience selecting, configuring, implementing, and managing WAFs, IDS/IPS, DDoS Mitigation, Security Audit tools.
- Familiarity with TCP Trace Analysis – including the use of such tools as Wireshark.
- Knowledge of DNS basics – A records, CNames, etc.
- Knowledge of HTTP headers and a basic understanding of how web applications interact. This would include header components such as User-agent type, XFoR Field, Accept Language, etc.
- Knowledge of standard web exploits such as “Cross Site Scripting” or “SQL Injection”.
- Understands the purpose and use of Content Delivery Networks and has a strong interest in Security in general.
- Strong communication, in all its forms.
- Grace under pressure, the desire to learn from, teach, and share with others.
- Unbridled curiosity, good instincts, and skills, for finding things that don’t want to be found.
- A personality that wants to get along with people, but fights the urge to be a “yes” person.
- Resourcefulness in multi-tasking, anticipating needs, developing creative solutions, and researching/synthesizing information to resolve problems with minimal supervision
- Technical skills will include: in-depth understanding of network security issues, firewalls, intrusion detection, authentication, current network operating systems, routing, incident response, and process development
- Occasional travel may be required.
Technical Resource Manager | MatchPoint Solutions | Office 925-829-7755 | Email firstname.lastname@example.org