- Design and implement performance, scalability, stability, and stress tests using industry standard tools, and custom solutions.
- Instrument monitoring solutions to gain insight into application performance and understand emerging issues.
- Help define monitoring standards, appropriate thresholds, and synthetic transaction monitoring as appropriate for different systems.
- Works with IT Teams to track and drive resolution of issues discovered during the quality process.
- Develops and maintains procedures and diagrams of the performance needed.
- Gathers business key metrics and volumetric and assembles workload and transaction information for performance monitoring.
- Administer and Monitor system performance on Linux/Unix, Windows and Solaris environments.
- Develop tools to simulate and monitor key performance metrics as needed.
- Understanding of impact of application design on performance.
- Work collaboratively across multiple teams to achieve results.
- Subject matter expert in processes and methodologies with ability to adapt and improvise in various situations. Expert in navigating through ambiguity and prioritizing conflicting asks.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience with developing and maintain enterprise monitoring environments
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience with business requirements gathering/analysis.
- Four-year degree from an accredited university.Degree in the field of Computer Science and Engineering or related field. Professional experience in these areas may substitute for degree.
- Expertise in designing and implementing large, multi-tool, multi-platform enterprise monitoring systems.
- Expert in the collection of various performance metrics and producing reports.
- Expertise in utilizing scripting languages (Ruby, Python, Perl, etc..) to analyze data and validate problem statements
- Expertise monitoring Solaris, Linux and Windows Server environments.
- Demonstrated strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Proven team player with the ability to guide and influence cross-functional teams
- Ability to successfully operate in a highly matrix organizational system where partnership and collaboration are key drivers of success
- Working experience with Application Performance Management Tools – Preferably Dynatrace AppMon, UEM, Ruxit; synthetic transaction like BSM; and log monitoring such as Splunk
- Hands on experience to monitoring database technologies like Oracle and MSSQL a plus
Technical Resource Manager | MatchPoint Solutions | Office 925-829-7755 | Email firstname.lastname@example.org