The ideal candidate will identify and prioritize risks and issues ranging from firewall configurations and network firmware etc. Then, in close cooperation with engineering management and systems engineers, develop a short and long term plan to rectify those issues though upgrades, patching, configuration changes and tooling. The Security Engineer will coordinate and implement where appropriate. Once the initial fixes / deficiencies have been remediated, the engineer will then be able to focus on further enhancing the security posture.
In this job, you will:
• Maintain & promote the security posture of products from the technical perspective, in view of today’s increasing levels of security threats & challenges.
• Constantly be probing our data centers, corporate offices and cloud based platforms using FireSIGHT and other proprietary solutions and tools
• Coordinate and, in many cases, implement fixes (patches, configuration changes etc.) for discovered issues
• Own the structured process for responding to security issues found in FireSIGHT
• Track and guide for secure deployment
• Lead from definition to implementation the significant security initiatives.
• You will cultivate and advance our product security methodology and standards, consult and advise on security aspects to the products teams, and finally - identify and lead the significant security efforts.
• Participate in a professional manner on calls to discuss security concerns
• Cisco NGFW Firewalls
• F5 Load Balancers
• FirePower Security IDS/IPS
Technical Resource Manager | MatchPoint Solutions |
Office 925-829-7755 |