The Sr. BI Business Solutions Analyst (BI BSA) in the Business Intelligence & Analytics organization will be responsible for leading and delivering key business intelligence initiatives and enhancements to internal business clients. The BI BSA will develop a deep understanding of the business processes and act as subject matter expert within the BI team for one or more business functions. The BI BSA will collaborate and work very closely with the solution architect and delivery team in designing robust and scalable BI and Analytics solution to meet the decision making needs. The individual will act as a bridge between the business community and technical team members.
• Develop a strong understanding of Supply Chain and Operations business processes and gain working knowledge of applications supporting those processes
• Analyze data and reporting business requirements, explore and evaluate various options, develop prototype using reporting and dashboard tools upfront in the project life cycle thereby validating the requirements, eliminating ambiguity and providing early visibility to business on the final solution.
• Profile source system data to develop strong understanding of the data relationships, cardinality and quality of the data thereby helping in determining if the data can meet the high level goals of information and reporting needs as well as plan functional and test cycles
• Collaborate and partner with business users to develop use cases for functional and User acceptance testing
• Translate the requirements to functional specifications document, develop and own requirements traceability matrix.
• Participate in designing and finalizing the data warehouse data model and source to target data mapping for ETL processes.
• Work with BI reports and dashboard analyst in designing and developing OBIEE repositories, reports, dashboards
• Assist business team in developing test cases and provide necessary subject matter support during integration testing cycle.
• Conduct User Acceptance testing, develop training materials, train super users and power users on usage of the tool and the solution and gather user sign off
• Act as a key interface between business users and delivery team members
• Provide end user support as called upon by the Production Support Team
• Manage requirements volatility, integrity and continuity via change management and reprioritization
• Use structured and disciplined approaches to solving technical problems.
• Assist the Project Manager in identifying and managing project issues, risks, and scope creep.
• Perform ongoing monitoring and refinement of reports and BI solutions, work with business stakeholders to ensure the solution is adopted and fully leveraged for decision making.
• BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related field
• 10 years working in IT with a thorough understanding of SDLC methodology
• 5-7 years of experience in Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing
• 5-7 years of experience in BI Business analyst role with strong hands on experience in developing complex semantic layer, reports and dashboards with one or more BI tools. Preferably OBIEE
• Solid understanding of Data Warehouse methodology, dimensional modeling including Ralph Kimball’s methodology
• Strong understanding of business processes and prior experience of implementing BI Solutions for Supply Chain & Operations
• Experience participating in JAD/RAD/AGILE /Waterfall scrum sessions
• Highly Proficient in documenting use cases, requirements and functional specifications
• Ability to quickly translate requirements to prototype and get business buy-in
• Exposure and experience with Agile BI is a plus
• Advanced proficiency with use of Microsoft Office applications including, Word, MS Project, Excel and Visio and other tools that facilitate the requirements gathering and design phases of the SDLC.
• Passionate about solving business problems, Innovative, creative and an outside-the-box mindset.
• Excellent Analytical skills and strong attention to detail
• Self-motivated with strong leadership and presence
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and presentation skills
• Strong negotiation and conflict-resolution skills
• Ability to lead by influence and impact business decisions/processes through effective networking
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.