Technical Project Manager
Location: San Ramon (& possible travel to San Francisco), CA
Duration: 12 months (possibility to extend to 24 months)
- Someone who can operate in an unstructured environment and operate with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Someone that has played multiple project roles (e.g. Business Analyst, Tester, Developer, Deployment Lead, Architect, etc.) over the course of their career, i.e. not a career Project Manager.Someone who has at least played 2 roles on a project.
- Strong proficiency in Project Management
- Tools (e.g. PowerPoint, Excel, Project)
- Tasks (e.g. estimating and forecasting, assessing status across scope/schedule/budget/resources, driving progress and setting and holding project stakeholders accountable, communication upwards and downwards, etc.)
- Electric utility experience or experience working in a controlled environment is a plus, experience at “Client” is a plus but MUST HAVE excellent internal references.
- This position will be focusing on application enhancement work.
- This person will be driving enhancements by working with developers through testing and deployment.
- There will be some Business Analyst activities required like gathering requirements from business units and help identify the work that needs to be done.
- This person will lead project teams and report back to stakeholders.
- Projects will span across multiple domains at “Client” so must be able to communicate up, down, and across business units and MUST HAVE ability to successfully manage business relationships.
- This role is less defined, and “Client” is still working through specifics on the projects this person will support.
- We do know that they will be supporting larger scale projects and less focused on the smaller enhancement projects.
- Looking for someone with the same background as Position #1. (i.e., App Dev background and someone who has worn multiple hats on a project)
- Client will be interviewing for both roles at the same time so would be good to have someone who is open to supporting smaller enhancement projects AND larger scale projects as well.
- This role may be based out of SF or SR, so this person will need to be flexible on traveling to both locations.
925-361 -2007 Work