St. Louis, MO
Duration: 6+ Months
- Our customer is seeking a talented Sr. Software Engineer for Performance Engineering team. This cross-functional team consists of a dedicated collection of self-organizing, interdependent, individuals representing different functional roles with all the necessary skills to turn application code into an optimized code. In this role, you will be a results-driven, organized and self-motivated individual with a strong desire to optimize java applications.
- Work closely with Solution Architect and programmers in performance review of their application and provide bottlenecks and tuning applications.
- Work with Product Management and DevOps to diagnose complex performance issues with problem analysis and breakdown and provide tuning remediation.
- Strong Java development experience.
- Worked on multiple java frameworks projects like spring, hibernate, grails, Struts.
- Research and evaluate emerging technologies , create proof of concept projects.
- Performed thread and memory leak analysis and java code optimizations. Identifying root cause for heap utilization and garbage collection statistics.
- Analyze performance test result and identify bottlenecks of web & server-side applications.
- Develop automated monitoring routines / processes in order to enable early detection of potential performance degradation within test and production environments.
- Deliver performance engineering services in support of development teams across the enterprise.
- Perform scalability design reviews.
- Advise teams on capacity planning, performance regression testing, and bottleneck analysis.
- Ability to define and drive performance strategy at segment level and project level.
- Ability to develop a strong working knowledge of performance engineering tools, such as Dynatrace.
- Strong technical/analytical and logic-based problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in varying settings
- 5-7 years of experience developing and consuming RESTful web services in a Spring MVC environment
- 5-7 years of experience planning, designing, developing and delivering software
- Experience with CI/CD and test automations, ideally with the Atlassian Suite of tools (Bamboo/Stash)
- Experience with modern web, distributed, event driven Architecture(Kafka, Confluent preferred)
- Micro services Architecture working experience required.
- Experience in Java and Java EE platforms including Spring framework & components, Hibernate, Messaging, Node JS or Express JS or similar, Web Services, SOAP, WS-Security, REST ( Services Design & Technology Skills )
- Strong Object Oriented Programming skills.
- Experience working on an Agile team environment required
- Desire to stay abreast of new development tools and methods
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
925-361 -2007 Work