MatchPoint Solutions is for candidates looking for a challenging career in a progressive company. MatchPoint and its clients are always looking for the qualified candidates, hiring directly out of top universities as well as experienced individuals from the industry.
Senior Voice Engineer
Rancho Cordova, CA
6-month Contract to Hire
Provides technical design, implementation and validation services for Unified Communications Network Infrastructure technologies. Direct areas of responsibilities include Voice over IP (VoIP) solutions (including but not limited to Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Unity Connection, and Voice Gateways). Interfaces with Network Architecture and Engineering to provide requirements for network engineering, implementation, and operations. Participates in high-level design of infrastructure with experts from other groups. Communicates effectively and continually seeks opportunities to increase internal customer satisfaction and deepen customer relationships.
• Relevant work experience as typically acquired in 6 to 8 years.
• Network infrastructure to include converged IP networks, Routers, Switches, Voice Gateways, VG224’s.
• Strong knowledge (i.e. routers and switches) and strong understanding of VoIP is required (i.e. various types of IP based voice products – Cisco CUCM and various legacy voice PBX vendors/products).
• Design dial plan schemes, trunking, transmissions and reporting of trunking and capacity metrics. Ability to adapt various systems and customer environments to a converged technology (i.e. convert a legacy TDM site to an IPT site).
• Extensive knowledge in VoIP transport such as, H.323, SIP, Inter Cluster trunking, Call Admission and Control mechanisms, centralization of call processing and trunking services and network policy enforcement (i.e. QoS).
• Experience in configuring Cisco IOS based media gateway devices for ISDN PRI connections, as well as an understanding of advanced IP to IP gateway functionality.
• Display knowledge in VoIP network sizing, EVPN networks, and COS traffic classifications.
• Prior experience with legacy PBX phone systems.
• Voice and data network company transport such as; T1/E1, IP using private line networks. Working knowledge of Video H.261 protocols and equipment, IPv4 addressing and router components and functionality.
• Familiarity with next generation technologies such as Unified Communications, Session Border Controller (SBC), and Session Management is a plus.
• IEEE, TIA/EIA Standards desired.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Handle multiple complex projects.
• Act as an advisor or mentor to junior colleagues.
• Work independently with minimal guidance.
• Effectively communicate difficult concepts and negotiate with others in a team environment.
• Experience with industry standard VoIP technologies (SIP, H323, SCCP and MGCP)
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Senior Engineering position.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related IS technical field is required or the equivalent combination of education and pertinent/directly related experience.
MatchPoint Solutions | Office 310-961-4644| Email: email@example.com