Senior Network Engineer F5 (LTM/GTM)
Duration 6 months
Location Columbus GA
- Install, configure, maintain, support, and secure the organization's network communications, including LANs and/or WANs, load balancing, F5 (LTM/GTM). Identifies network problems, isolates root causes, and initiates corrective action. Determines priority of action and additional resources required, based on severity of service interruption. Provides technical analysis to all customers to isolate issues and develop strategies to restore or activate services. Interacts with Telecommunication Engineers, LAN Administrators, and transmission and RF staff regarding ongoing network activities. Ascertains compliance with security, safety, and environmental guidelines. Generates reports on network performance, trouble-shooting results, and routine maintenance of network elements. This role requires individuals to work within the demands a global 24x7 High availability transaction oriented network. Ability to translate business requirements into network requirements and collaboratively work with other technical teams to deliver an overall solution.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Participates in collaboration in a team environment
- Provides Network problem solving solutions within the network
- Recognizes and resolves advanced problems and issues according to corporate policies/procedures
- Participates in advanced Network project tasks with internal and external clients
- Provides mentorship to entry/lower level team members
- Assists with the design, configuration, testing, documentation, and implementation of advanced network designs and components
- Generates advanced level reports on network performance, trouble-shooting results, and routine maintenance of network elements
- Ensures security infrastructure processes, concepts, and maintenance are incorporated into systems, software, and hardware platforms in accordance with approved internal standards. Provides Level II technical support and becomes knowledgeable of more difficult problems and solutions by assisting Level III support personnel with troubleshooting software, hardware, and application services across a heterogeneous network infrastructure; assists with escalated issues requiring advanced/expert knowledge and experience with appropriate products. Occasionally reviews service manager tickets and assesses the time already spent with the customer so that work is prioritized and time management is sufficiently utilized. Provides guidance and technical input to projects along with implementation support to network services and infrastructure design teams. Leads maintenance of security devices to include firmware updates, patching and hardware upgrades.
- Exhibits in-depth knowledge, ensuring all security infrastructure product updates (i.e. Firewalls, Proxy and Intrusion Prevention Systems) and audits are completed for compliance with applicable regulatory and corporate standards/requirements. Plans and performs scheduled security and network changes in accordance with corporate change control procedures (outage that may impact Service Level Agreement).
- Analyzes and tests to determine connectivity requirements and firewall rules for implementations.
- Leads and initiates review of development, implementation, monitoring, maintenance and compliance of information security standards, policies and procedures. Maintains security product and network documentation for all changes.
- SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE As a skilled specialist, completes tasks in resourceful and effective ways.
- JOB COMPLEXITY Works on assignments requiring considerable initiative. Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions.
- SUPERVISION Proposes methods and procedures on new assignments. May be informal team leader.
- Dynamic Routing Advanced Configure industry standard dynamic routing protocols including but not limited to BGP and OSPF.
- WAN Optimization and QoS Advanced WAN optimization and QoS on global MPLS network carrying voice and data.
- Load Balancing Advanced Global DNS load balancing and local application load balancing. F5 experience with LTM and GTM
- Typically Minimum 6 Years Relevant Exp Experience in the implementation of secure enterprise size systems, network development and/or network operational environment, PCP/IP networking with knowledge of security practices, knowledge of Checkpoint firewalls, firewall clustering models and stateful failover, firewall operation and rule specification, IP routing principles and protocols, implementation of security techniques around internet facing services and Local Network Operation.
925-361 -2007 Work